• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

West Brom (a) - match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very Good : Lovren
Good : Ibe (why the fuck take him off) ?
Average : Gerrard, Lallana, Coutinho, Ming
Shite : Sterling, Skrtel, Johnson, Balotelli
Utter Shite : Henderson, Can
Anonymous : Borini (did he even get a touch) ?

Rodgers : Utter Shite. Shite line-up, shite substitutions, shite tactics.

That game sums up our season. Lack of quality upfront and in the end lack of goals from not being able to create anything despite having the ball 80% of the time.
Finishing with Borini upfront as our only striker is so absurd that Rodgers deserves a slap.
Why take Balo off instead of playing two upfront in a must win game.

We're not good enough. Wont get top 4 and spent 116 mill but finish the game with one of the worst strikers ever upfront.
Fuck right off.

Positives:
Lovren, Ibe, Can

Very Good : Lovren
Good : Ibe (why the fuck take him off) ?
Average : Gerrard, Lallana, Coutinho, Ming
Shite : Sterling, Skrtel, Johnson, Balotelli
Utter Shite : Henderson, Can
Anonymous : Borini (did he even get a touch) ?

Rodgers : Utter Shite. Shite line-up, shite substitutions, shite tactics.

What should he have done then? Why was it a shite lineup? What was the alternative? The lineup was good enough but lacking in genuine goal threat, story of our season.

People seriously go fucking overboard in their criticisms. And how was Henderson and Can utter shite? I know you don't rate Henderson, you lay into him enough, but that's just bollocks.

I think your misinterpreting the lack of a striker for a lack of effort.
I'm really not. Not one player looked like they wanted the ball. Very little showing for it. Very little movement to try and advance play.

We were playing like we were already in pre season

Some utter fucking hysterics on here post match, I'm reminded why I rarely bother posting after a game these days, because it's like a fucking Redninja epidemic.

Agreed Mark. The game highlighted the need for quality upfront.
Balotelli, Borini and Lambert arent good enough and doesnt suit us.

Typical of our season but what do we expect with that firepower upfront.
Balotelli doesnt suit us, wont make any runs behind the defence at we're just horrendous in the final 3rd.

We played alright imho. But no cutting edge at all.
Rodgers fucked up by not having two strikers on in the end mind.

Some utter fucking hysterics on here post match, I'm reminded why I rarely bother posting after a game these days, because it's like a fucking Redninja epidemic.

People care, people are pissed off and fed up, people need to vent, a football forum especially just after a game is a good place for it, Surely you know this? You are actually come across worse than them with your whinging about their venting.

What should he have done then? Why was it a shite lineup? What was the alternative? The lineup was good enough but lacking in genuine goal threat, story of our season.

People seriously go fucking overboard in their criticisms. And how was Henderson and Can utter shite? I know you don't rate Henderson, you lay into him enough, but that's just bollocks.

It's not that I don't rate Henderson, it's just that I think he is very inconsistent and pendulums between the sublime and the ridiculous, he doesn't get enough flack on here when he plays poorly because, well he ran more than anyone else didn't he ? In this match he did SFA so he doesn't get a pass.

When Can goes forward he gives the ball away more than anyone else in the team, he's careless and very unobservant ... a case in point his 30 yd forward pass to no-one, the nearest Liverpool player being 30 yds away. I really like him, he has great potential, but needs to be reined in at the moment. He'll be great for us in a couple of season, but I'm not jissing all over the place when he plays like that, unlike some who like his mazy runs that end up with no end product and us now fighting off a counter-attack one defender down. If Rodgers wants him to do that then I suggest he should have started in Gerrard's position and have brought Toure or Manquillo in at RB. That's the right position for him.

1. Why go 4 at the back when 3 has been the saving of our season ? That fucked us up early season and it's doing it again now (Villa and this).
2. Why put Gerrard back as the 1 in 4-1-2-3 ? He wasn't any better than Allen last week and I don't see we gained .. well actually we didn't because it meant we simply can't play 3 at the back with SG so Rodgers went with 4 to shoe him in.
3. Lallana should have started in a front three.
4. Why start Balo ? Sterling isn't all that at CF but he still carries a far greater threat.
5. He should have started my team (see earlier in the thread) and I can't forgive him for that.
6. We have become the new Arsenal ... trying to pass the ball into the net by dribbling through the whole defence - and that's BR's tactical error in not correcting that predilection of some of our players.

There is a reason to be upset ... being upset and calling the performance shite doesn't have to be hysterical and in this case it's not, it's just the truth and there are obvious reasons for it, most of them Rodger's.

Oh and a Shout Out to Lovren. That was probably his best performance for us, confident and secure. He's romping to the MoM award on here.

That should do his confidence a world of good and just maybe he can go on to recover his Southampton form.

People care, people are pissed off and fed up, people need to vent, a football forum especially just after a game is a good place for it, Surely you know this? You are actually come across worse than them with your whinging about their venting.

Says fucking Modo.

Oh and a Shout Out to Lovren. That was probably his best performance for us, confident and secure. He's romping to the MoM award on here.

That should do his confidence a world of good and just maybe he can go on to recover his Southampton form.

Agreed. He wasn't tested that much but was about the only real bright spot of the match for us.

Glad I deliberately skipped this one. Sounds like the same old shit-70% possession, a handful of shots on target, not testing the keeper, and the 'big names' doing fuck all to earn their big wages.
Need to find the new Suarez/lockpicker in the summer as an urgent priority. Then employ someone who can finish chances.

It's not that I don't rate Henderson, it's just that I think he is very inconsistent and pendulums between the sublime and the ridiculous, he doesn't get enough flack on here when he plays poorly because, well he ran more than anyone else didn't he ? In this match he did SFA so he doesn't get a pass.

When Can goes forward he gives the ball away more than anyone else in the team, he's careless and very unobservant ... a case in point his 30 yd forward pass to no-one, the nearest Liverpool player being 30 yds away. I really like him, he has great potential, but needs to be reined in at the moment. He'll be great for us in a couple of season, but I'm not jissing all over the place when he plays like that, unlike some who like his mazy runs that end up with no end product and us now fighting off a counter-attack one defender down. If Rodgers wants him to do that then I suggest he should have started in Gerrard's position and have brought Toure or Manquillo in at RB. That's the right position for him.

1. Why go 4 at the back when 3 has been the saving of our season ? That fucked us up early season and it's doing it again now (Villa and this).
2. Why put Gerrard back as the 1 in 4-1-2-3 ? He wasn't any better than Allen last week and I don't see we gained .. well actually we didn't because it meant we simply can't play 3 at the back with SG so Rodgers went with 4 to shoe him in.
3. Lallana should have started in a front three.
4. Why start Balo ? Sterling isn't all that at CF but he still carries a far greater threat.
5. He should have started my team (see earlier in the thread) and I can't forgive him for that.
6. We have become the new Arsenal ... trying to pass the ball into the net by dribbling through the whole defence - and that's BR's tactical error in not correcting that predilection of some of our players.

There is a reason to be upset ... being upset and calling the performance shite doesn't have to be hysterical and in this case it's not, it's just the truth and there are obvious reasons for it, most of them Rodger's.

hallelujah!!!

I didn't watch the game.. but it seems these days you can predict the outcome of a result simply from the line up...

You have a starting 11 with Lovren, Gerrard & Balotelli in and no other striker you will always struggle to get a result, especially against a stubborn Pullis side.. we just lack the killer touch..

That being said I thought it was about time Balotelli got a game tbh... Playing with one striker is better than none..

Glad I deliberately skipped this one. Sounds like the same old shit-70% possession, a handful of shots on target, not testing the keeper, and the 'big names' doing fuck all to earn their big wages.
Need to find the new Suarez/lockpicker in the summer as an urgent priority. Then employ someone who can finish chances.

I am all for playing Yesil in the remaining games of the Season.. we have nothing to play for now..

hallelujah!!!

I didn't watch the game.. but it seems these days you can predict the outcome of a result simply from the line up...

You have a starting 11 with Lovren, Gerrard & Balotelli in and no other striker you will always struggle to get a result, especially against a stubborn Pullis side.. we just lack the killer touch..

That being said I thought it was about time Balotelli got a game tbh... Playing with one striker is better than none..
Except Lovren played well.

We have lockpickers. We don't have finishers.

hallelujah!!!

Also, glad you predicted a scoreless draw. Cos you, being all positive, will never have said we'll lose.

Too little to late I guess... Playing for his next club.. ?? I will be suprised if he is here next season

Really? He'll definetly be here. Makes no sense in selling him either.
I'd rather give him one more season to prove himself then take a 10 mill+ hit on the fee and pay for part of his wages.

Really? He'll definetly be here. Makes no sense in selling him either.
I'd rather give him one more season to prove himself then take a 10 mill+ hit on the fee and pay for part of his wages.

He will be on the list of departures.. Overall this season he has been one of our biggest flops.... Like many on here I expected big things from him..

I see no reason in keeping him, he is never going to be 1st choice and we are going to take a hit on his value regardless...

So we are better off just getting rid and sourcing a replacement..

We need a defender to be brought in who is upto the task and will be on the teamsheet week in week out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom