• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

West Brom (a) - match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute load of fucking hoop. It'd be nice if one of the cunts looked like they gave a fuck

Lovren has been our best player by miles, tells you all you need to know about this game. Sooner this season is over the better. Gerrard is getting worse by the week and Sterling seems intent on proving to everybody that he isnt worth the money hes demanding

Spurs Saints and us fighting to avoid the europa league spot. They should give it to the 7th place team as punishment

His link up play in the box was really good, but in the build up play he was poor. As was Coutinho, fucking wasteful.
I thought in the box he was shit as well. He rarely found a man.

Coutinho at least looked like he gave a fuck with a couple of runs

Exasperating. We don't have any forwards who'll tower over defenders to head the ball, nor do we have ones who'll chest it down for a volley, so why do we keep hoisting crosses into the box? Against this sort of team you need to keep passing, keep moving, and be patient. It's as if they all see the ghost of Andy Carroll.

Exasperating. We don't have any forwards who'll tower over defenders to head the ball, nor do we have ones who'll chest it down for a volley, so why do keep hoisting crosses into the box? Against this sort of team you need to keep passing, keep moving, and be patient. It's as if they all see the ghost of Andy Carroll.
Lambert?

If Arsenal win the FA Cup the Europa League spot doesn't go to Villa it goes to the team in 7th. Race for 8th is go.

Exasperating. We don't have any forwards who'll tower over defenders to head the ball, nor do we have ones who'll chest it down for a volley, so why do keep hoisting crosses into the box? Against this sort of team you need to keep passing, keep moving, and be patient. It's as if they all see the ghost of Andy Carroll.
It must be from Rodgers that Ibe and sterling barely cut inside

It's almost like Rodgers is specifically showing the owners that our strikers are shit, whilst doing the bare minimum to try and get the ones we do have to integrate with the team.

Borini and balotelli are not players for the spearhead. Play them together to create space, or have Ibe/sterling /marko cut in a lot to make space.

Whats the fucking point of playing Johnson and Borini if Rodgers doesnt want them? I am sure some of the youths would play with more fire than those 2 oafs.

To be fair I thought Dawson played well against Sterling. Ibe was not match fit, he slowed the game down by taking that extra touch.
We gave dawson the chance to play well by playing the ball to their feet. How about playing it ahead of them so that they could race on to the ball? I am sure they could have done more like this.

I thought in the box he was shit as well. He rarely found a man.

Coutinho at least looked like he gave a fuck with a couple of runs

I don't get the "didn't look like they gave a fuck" comments, I thought we dominated throughout. They put 9 men behind the ball everytime. I'm loathed to dress up these kinds of performances, but I don't think it was one to be given the "half arsed" tag. We suffered with what we have all season, a lack of a killer touch infront of goal. There was NO ONE taking up striker positions when we got in behind, had a striker been there (other than Mario, who is either offside or too far away from the danger zone), it would have been a different story.

I don't get the "didn't look like they gave a fuck" comments, I thought we dominated throughout. They put 9 men behind the ball everytime. I'm loathed to dress up these kinds of performances, but I don't think it was one to be given the "half arsed" tag. We suffered with what we have all season, a lack of a killer touch infront of goal. There was NO ONE taking up striker positions when we got in behind, had a striker been there (other than Mario, who is either offside or too far away from the danger zone), it would have been a different story.
We dominated possession, that's it.

We did nothing creative in the final 3rd because no one looked arsed. From striker all the way back. We looked clueless near the box

In a must win game to give us any chance whatsoever of getting Champions League and we don't even score a goal. No doubt Brendan will claim that Qualifying for the Europa league (if we even manage that) is an achievement that no other manager could have done.

We dominated possession, that's it.

We did nothing creative in the final 3rd because no one looked arsed. From striker all the way back. We looked clueless near the box

I think your misinterpreting the lack of a striker for a lack of effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom