• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

West Brom (a) - match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will be on the list of departures.. Overall this season he has been one of our biggest flops.... Like many on here I expected big things from him..

I see no reason in keeping him, he is never going to be 1st choice and we are going to take a hit on his value regardless...

So we are better off just getting rid and sourcing a replacement..
That's an incredibly poor approach - Get rid, if it doesn't satisfy expectation and not really understanding all the details.

We have higher priorities in transfers so spunking time, money and effort on this is wasteful.

That's an incredibly poor approach - Get rid, if it doesn't satisfy expectation and not really understanding all the details.

We have higher priorities in transfers so spunking time, money and effort on this is wasteful.

We bought him to shore up a leaky Defense.. he has failed to do that consistently, so that has to be one of our priorities in the summer. Can will not be a long term solution in the back 3.. (he will probably be pushed further forward next season). Skrtel is not getting any younger, Sakho is prone to injuries and Toure will be gone..

When it matters Lovren goes missing.. he appears to be at best a bang average player... whether its down to confidence or down to bad coaching methods I don't know.. but either way he needs to be replaced.

We bought him to shore up a leaky Defense.. he has failed to do that consistently, so that has to be one of our priorities in the summer. Can will not be a long term solution in the back 3.. (he will probably be pushed further forward next season). Skrtel is not getting any younger, Sakho is prone to injuries and Toure will be gone..

When it matters Lovren goes missing.. he appears to be at best a bang average player... whether its down to confidence or down to bad coaching methods I don't know.. but either way he needs to be replaced.
If you think selling Lovren and finding a replacement CB when we have an ineffective midfield and a blunt strike force is a priority then you really don't understand the game.

If you think selling Lovren and finding a replacement CB when we have an ineffective midfield and a blunt strike force is a priority then you really don't understand the game.
Better than you think..

Everyone knows we need a striker.. but there is other areas of our game that also needs addressing.. Bringing in a top quality defender is one of them

We need a CB (Lovren replacement) and RB (Johnson Replacement).. A replacement for Gerrard and Allen (who should be sold too) and a top quality Striker and a back up striker (probably Ings)

Better than you think..

Everyone knows we need a striker.. but there is other areas of our game that also needs addressing.. Bringing in a top quality defender is one of them

We need a CB (Lovren replacement) and RB (Johnson Replacement).. A replacement for Gerrard and Allen (who should be sold too) and a top quality Striker and a back up striker (probably Ings)
Your posts suggest otherwise.

Ok, bright boy.

Explain how you are going to fund 6 new players where one of them is world class? Are you going to break the salary structure? Where are you going to find these players? Are they experienced in the PL or will a good Youtube video do? Or will they be young players where they may not settle or perform to expectations? Once you answered these then will you guarantee the new signings will perform irrespective of stuffing happening away from the pitch?

Then explain how you're going to integrate them in to a team, which system/formation you're going to play. How are you going to encourage them to live in Liverpool over London or Manchester? We're not going to be in the CL so how are you going to convince players to come here? You also don't want to be in the Europa cup so how is coming 7th acceptable as a marketing ploy for new players?

Lovren wont be leaving. I think you can nearly guarantee that he'll be a red next season.

10 mill hit and spend another 10-15 mill out of our transfer budget is an horrendous approach and it wont happen.

We need to fix our central midfield and get a quality striker. Thats were the money should be spent,

Your posts suggest otherwise.

Ok, bright boy.

Explain how you are going to fund 6 new players where one of them is world class? Are you going to break the salary structure? Where are you going to find these players? Are they experienced in the PL or will a good Youtube video do? Or will they be young players where they may not settle or perform to expectations? Once you answered these then will you guarantee the new signings will perform irrespective of stuffing happening away from the pitch?

Then explain how you're going to integrate them in to a team, which system/formation you're going to play. How are you going to encourage them to live in Liverpool over London or Manchester? We're not going to be in the CL so how are you going to convince players to come here? You also don't want to be in the Europa cup so how is coming 7th acceptable as a marketing ploy for new players?

Revenue will be generated in the summer from player sales and FSG will give funds.. With players like Gerrard and Johnson off the wage bill it frees further funds too.. It is also probably likely we will sell Sterling to generate revenue.. With Origi coming in and the rise of IBE.. we could sell without taking too much of a hit.. so there is your Money to fund the transfers....

We will be in the Europa league regardless.. we will finish 5th most likely.. The attracting of big names is hard one.. i'd probably look to solve that by giving Rodgers the ultimatum.. He works under a big name DOF a name that can attract the players.. who would I like that to be ??? Klopp.. but thats never going to happen...

Revenue will be generated in the summer from player sales and FSG will give funds.. With players like Gerrard and Johnson off the wage bill it frees further funds too.. It is also probably likely we will sell Sterling to generate revenue.. With Origi coming in and the rise of IBE.. we could sell without taking too much of a hit.. so there is your Money to fund the transfers....

We will be in the Europa league regardless.. we will finish 5th most likely.. The attracting of big names is hard one.. i'd probably look to solve that by giving Rodgers the ultimatum.. He works under a big name DOF a name that can attract the players.. who would I like that to be ??? Klopp.. but thats never going to happen...
So if it's never gonna happen then it's not a solution.

What about all the other questions? And why must FSG give funds?

So if it's never gonna happen then it's not a solution.

What about all the other questions? And why must FSG give funds?

Well if they have ambition and they want the club to compete and move forward one would hazard a guess they will..

If they don't then thats smacks 100% that they have lost faith in the manager..

You would imagine they would only break the salary structure to land the right 'world class player'

Incidentally My preferred formations would be 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1

We've conceded 36 goals in 33 games. The defence is the least of our problems at this point.

We've scored 47 goals. Thats were we struggle. Spend big on a striker and a central midfielder.

We've conceded 36 goals in 33 games. The defence is the least of our problems at this point.

We've scored 47 goals. Thats were we struggle. Spend big on a striker and a central midfielder.

Thats not the full picture though is it defense wise.. I don't disagree with what you are saying.. but we have to buy a quality defender too..

3-4-3 really cannot be seen as a long term solution.. can it ??... I don't think so...

Thats not the full picture though is it defense wise.. I don't disagree with what you are saying.. but we have to buy a quality defender too..

3-4-3 really cannot be seen as a long term solution.. can it ??... I don't think so...

3-4-3 or 4-3-3 doesnt matter. Spending big on a centre back shouldnt be a priority.
If we lose Kolo then hopefully Ilori or Wisdom gets a chance.
Flanno will hopefully be back at right back.

We need to replace Johnson and Enrique but imho we dont need to spend big on a centre back.
We've got other gaping holes in the first team and a transfer budget that wont allow us to blow 15 mill on a CB.

Really? Doesn't the cup runner-up usually get it?

New rule this season - winners only qualify. If they qualify via the league or qualify for the UCL then the place goes to the EPL.

So Chelsea winning the league cup has made 6th a qualifying place, Arsenal winning will mean 7th qualifies too.

Lovren wont be leaving. I think you can nearly guarantee that he'll be a red next season.

10 mill hit and spend another 10-15 mill out of our transfer budget is an horrendous approach and it wont happen.

Agreed. Besides which there is no way we can force Lovren out of the door and who would pay him what he's on here (whatever he's on). He has face to save and, like Borini, probably thinks he can.

On top of which with 3 at the back we need 5 CBs and if reverting to a flat back four then we still need 4. Toure is more than likely to go so Skrtel, Sakho, Lovren and Can will be that four next season with Can getting games in MF when not required at the back. If we need a fifth CB then it may be Ilori because I doubt CB will be seen as a priority this Summer.

It'll all be about strikers and maybe an SG replacement .. or two if Lucas goes to Inter.

The last thing we need to do is shell out another 20M on a CB. We've been there and done that twice. It's time to make the best of what we have. Sakho is a good player though unfortunate with injuries and Lovren is starting to look a little better after a truly dreadful season and we may as well give him a chance given what we paid.

As today showed, yet again, we're painfully shy in front of goal and any other need this team has is pretty much insignificant compared to the need for goalscorers.

Lovren has been horrendous at times this season, but fair play to him today, one of only a few to actually show some fight.
Played very well.

So, I have to say, today's result did me in. It really is the "hope" that kills ya.

What a downer of a season after 2014. I remember last season we qualified for the CL and barely noticed as we had the eyes on the prize.

And no CL next season. Back to struggling to sign players.

Having to hear Rodgers' pressers this summer is going to be torture for me. Hope he goes - or we sign some actual talent this summer. Whatever, this sucks.

So, the issue at the end of the season is not overall team quality, not the previously leaky defence that has been rock solid since Xmas, nor a manager who has faltered recently but was brilliant for turning things around, but the lack of a quality striker.

I love how complicated football has become.

Fucks sake, a transfer and player committees, commercial directors, scouts, statistical analysis systems, financial modelling, moneyball, player pricing evaluation models, video evaluations and the trailing of players overseas, briefing of the press by manager and owner on future developments, conference calls galore with boston, and endless debates over the "system".

All of this, and the problem was, exactly what me Mum could have told you last July. And they didn't address it. We lost a 50 a season goals and assists striker and didn't even replace 10% of his goals.

I mean, what did they think would happen? And I'm on the Brendan Rodgers/FSG train!!

A Simple game made complicated by MBA's. Suddenly the boot room looks like the way forward

Have you ever watched a more frustrating cunt in all your days than Balotelli?

I'd love to punch the cunt.

Fuck off back to Italy you sack of pure shite.

I don't blame the fella. he was never good enough. Nobody's powers with the wayward are that strong.It was hubris to think because Rodgers turned around a fundamentally mentally functional and redemptive kid like Sturridge, he could do the same with a clearly "beyond rehabilitation" balotelli.

Again, my Ma would have seen that back in August. No surprises really.

Well if they have ambition and they want the club to compete and move forward one would hazard a guess they will..

If they don't then thats smacks 100% that they have lost faith in the manager..

You would imagine they would only break the salary structure to land the right 'world class player'

Incidentally My preferred formations would be 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1
FSG have made it quite clear, and they've even made a movie about it, that they won't break the salary structure even to land the right 'world class player'. Their method is youth and get experienced players at the right price. No way will they change that.

But if they do they'll probably give 20-30 million, we'll get nothing from Johnson or Gerrard, next to nothing for others so it's only really Sterling so around 30 million. So with 50-60 million you have to find 6 players where one of them is world class. If Liverpool manages to convince one to sign then that's at least 50 million spent on him. That means you have 10 million left for 5 positions where at least 2 are key positions and you want a quality CB. It doesn't work.

Your formation also clearly doesn't state who you'll play and you're making these decisions without knowing who you'll buy so you're potentially fitting round pegs in to square holes. Again - not clear thinking.

Sorry - I don't think you know more than I think.

I don't blame the fella. he was never good enough. Nobody's powers with the wayward are that strong.It was hubris to think because Rodgers turned around a fundamentally mentally functional and redemptive kid like Sturridge, he could do the same with a clearly "beyond rehabilitation" balotelli.

Again, my Ma would have seen that back in August. No surprises really.

I like the sound of your Mum, is she single?

Yeah, it was just painful yesterday. The amount of time he just stood there when Coutinho and Sterling had the ball in the final third just fucked me off.

He made a total of one run in behind the defence all game. We didnt have anyone in their box either as he lumped around looking for the ball. Awful.

Actually found an Irish bar showing the game. Balotelli isn't clever enough to be the one striker up top

Thanks to Mr. Rodgers for letting me know what he think is an excellent and outstanding game.... I must have been wrong all those times I have enjoyed those Liverpool games were the ball have moved quickly between red shirts that tiredless have runned their sox off and thought that was excellence....

The last thing we need to do is shell out another 20M on a CB. We've been there and done that twice. It's time to make the best of what we have. Sakho is a good player though unfortunate with injuries and Lovren is starting to look a little better after a truly dreadful season and we may as well give him a chance given what we paid.

As today showed, yet again, we're painfully shy in front of goal and any other need this team has is pretty much insignificant compared to the need for goalscorers.

Exactly. When you also consider that being shy on the goal front inevitably invites pressure, I think what issues there may be at the back are pretty insignificant by comparison. Johnson needs to go and Toure probably will go too, we need to get Flanagan back and fit, but that's about it. We also have Wisdom, Manquillo and Ilori who are all worth another look. But yeah, the issues yesterday were the story of our season, we can't score goals. Like I said, the hysterics about it are well overboard, it's what we're stuck with til the Summer, I don't think there was a particular lack of effort or that it was a bad performance. Last weeks was awful, yesterday was just a team lacking in a cutting edge.

FSG have made it quite clear, and they've even made a movie about it, that they won't break the salary structure even to land the right 'world class player'. Their method is youth and get experienced players at the right price. No way will they change that.

But if they do they'll probably give 20-30 million, we'll get nothing from Johnson or Gerrard, next to nothing for others so it's only really Sterling so around 30 million. So with 50-60 million you have to find 6 players where one of them is world class. If Liverpool manages to convince one to sign then that's at least 50 million spent on him. That means you have 10 million left for 5 positions where at least 2 are key positions and you want a quality CB. It doesn't work.

Your formation also clearly doesn't state who you'll play and you're making these decisions without knowing who you'll buy so you're potentially fitting round pegs in to square holes. Again - not clear thinking.

Sorry - I don't think you know more than I think.
Your figures are well understated

You are not taking into account the amount of wages freed up by Gerrard and Johnson on the wage bill.. that's around 1 million a month in wages alone

You will certainly get more than 30 million for Sterling.. Other players Balotelli, Aspas, Borini, Alberto, Lambert will fetch around 25 million and that's before looking to sell other players.. Wages freed up will add to that.. Though you can imagine 1 or 2 will only go out on loan..

FSG will give more than 25 million.. around 40 million is being rumoured..

They broke the wage structure for Suarez. So anything is possible..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom