• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Atalanta (H) - EL Thursday 8:00pm

Dreambeliever

From Doubter to Believer (to doubter again)
Well this game now takes on arguably greater importance.

No doubt Klopp will field as strong a side as he can.

Kelleher
Gomez
Konate
VVD
Robertson
Endo
Mac
Harvey
Salah
Nunez
Gakpo

Atalanta are shite, no excuses to not beat these and go through. Strong team and let's get 1 step closer to adding this trophy to Klopp's collection.

Kelleher Gomez Konate Virgil Kostas Endo Harvey Jones Salah Nunez Gakpo

Last edited:
Not that shite, they won 0-3 at Napoli not long ago (lost 2-1 at Cagliari yesterday). Though only 1 win in their last 6. They are 6th in the table. In the last round of the EL they beat Amorim's Sporting, drew 1-1 away and won 2-1 at home. Recently drew 1-1 away at Milan in the league and beat them 1-2 away in the cup.

It's not going to be a walkover.

Some players need a rest, whether it is physical or mental. This is the game. For me total focus is the league, and the attackers need that time off or managed minutes. I know most will disagree.

Kelleher

Gomez
Quansah
Konate
Tsimikas

Endo
Jones
Gravenberch

Elliot
Gakpo
Nunez

Some players need a rest, whether it is physical or mental. This is the game. For me total focus is the league, and the attackers need that time off or managed minutes. I know most will disagree.

Kelleher

Gomez
Quansah
Konate
Tsimikas

Endo
Jones
Gravenberch

Elliot
Gakpo
Nunez

Agree with this, although Nunez 9 and Gakpo left. Think both benefit from some consistency of position.

Kelleher

Gomez
Quansah
Konate
Tsimikas

Endo
Jones
Gravenberch

Elliot
Gakpo
Nunez

I agree and disagree in equal measure

Yes, this is the game to try and give the rotation a go to try and go for the league

but no, this is potentially klopps best chance for a last trophy for us.

Endo needs a rest I think, so I wonder weather it's worth starting Szob (who I'd drop in the league), but playing a kid at the DM? McConnell?

Elliott I'd start, but he should also start next league game. The hope is gravy and gakpo work hard and try and get some form. Perhaps we try a double pivot?

Kelleher

Gomez
Quansah
Konate
Tsimikas

McConnell
Gravenberch

Szob

Elliot
Nunez
Gakpo

Szob as an out and out 10, creative freedom

Did they not beat us 2-0 last time out?
Sure did, they were actually half decent then with Ilicic Zapata and Muriel, these days they’re rocking with Everton and West Ham rejects.

Also we had players like Neco, Rhys, Origi and an uninspiring midfield of Jones Gini and Milner starting that night.

Again we all agree 'what team are we starting against Palace' and we should rotate' and again Klopp will say 'fuck you' and go strong.
So for me Szobo, Gravy, Gakpo, Quansah, Gomez and Tsimikas won't start vs CP. Who else can play 3 games in a week - because too weak and Atalanta will get a result.

------------------------ Kelleher

Gomez ------- Quansah ------- Konate ------- Tsimikas

------------------------ Jones

Szobo ---------------------------------------- Gravy

Salah ---------------- Danns ------------------- Gakpo

Frankly I'm not sure I care if Mo misses CP, he needs to hit form. Jones needs minutes he was VERY rusty vs United.

It’s like half you lot haven’t been paying attention.

No way Klopp plays a weakened team in a European Quarter Final - particularly as this will likely end up being his best chance of a trophy. He’ll play the strongest available.

No way Klopp plays a weakened team in a European Quarter Final - particularly as this will likely end up being his best chance of a trophy. He’ll play the strongest available.
He'll go strong for sure (no Danns or Mcconnell etc) but you really think he'll go for the strongEST when we have a huge game less than 72hrs later? Klopp almost always makes changes when we play 3 times in 7-8 days.

At this point does anyone know what our strongest available side even is?

The like of Kostas Jones Harvey Gakpo are in need of minutes to keep continuinity otherwise you just limit the number of players at your disposal.

He'll go strong for sure (no Danns or Mcconnell etc) but you really think he'll go for the strongEST when we have a huge game less than 72hrs later? Klopp almost always makes changes when we play 3 times in 7-8 days.

At this point does anyone know what our strongest available side even is?

The like of Kostas Jones Harvey Gakpo are in need of minutes to keep continuinity otherwise you just limit the number of players at your disposal.

But also Darwin, Mo, Slobz, Konate need games to get into some form.

I definitely see CJ, Harvey & Gakpo playing - but that’s not really weakening as there’s a case (bar maybe Gakpo) for them starting in our “strongest team”.

He’s doesn’t seem to trust Tsimikas at all - Robbo or JoGo more likely.

I’m not clicking ‘like’ but I agree

But also Darwin, Mo, Slobz, Konate need games to get into some form.

I definitely see CJ, Harvey & Gakpo playing - but that’s not really weakening as there’s a case (bar maybe Gakpo) for them starting in our “strongest team”.

He’s doesn’t seem to trust Tsimikas at all - Robbo or JoGo more likely.

Gomez has played well this year at both fullback positions but I do think it's odd that Klopp has buried Tsimikas on the bench.

Gomez has played well this year at both fullback positions but I do think it's odd that Klopp has buried Tsimikas on the bench.

I think it's just a case of losing his place in the pecking order.

He was obviously clear second choice for a long time, and when Robertson got injured he probably would have had an extended run if he hadn't then got injured himself.

Gomez played well, Robertson recovered and all of a sudden poor old Tsimikas (who can't really play other positions) is third choice.

I think it's just a case of losing his place in the pecking order.

He was obviously clear second choice for a long time, and when Robertson got injured he probably would have had an extended run if he hadn't then got injured himself.

Gomez played well, Robertson recovered and all of a sudden poor old Tsimikas (who can't really play other positions) is third choice.
I think it’s a lot to do with Joe’s capacity to invert from the left when we’ve been without Trent

puItlN7.jpeg

Just look at Trent looking silky, we have missed him and his absence has been more noticeable over the last weeks. Hopefully on bench and ready for CP or Everton.

I don't see Bajcetic being a significant part of this season. He hasn't played in ages. I'd love him to surprise me again.
I'd honestly try to get him up to speed as fast as possible so we don't have to see Macca rotated with Endo

Back
Top Bottom