• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Get a grip ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's fairly simple. Our owners don't know what they are doing. Our manager has been found out. Our buying and selling of players is dreadful. We are poorly run from top to bottom. Any club poorly run will not succeed. Any club run well will.
We were fortunate to be run by an exceptional group of people from 1959 until that empty suit David Moores was given the club by his smarter elders.
If Villa was run brilliantly they would be up at the top year after year. Same goes for Newcastle, Spurs, Everton etc.
If the Chavs, mancs and the Arse were run like Villa, Everton etc they would be shit.
We are currently shit.
Why didn't say all this at the start of last season?

It's fairly simple. Our owners don't know what they are doing. Our manager has been found out. Our buying and selling of players is dreadful. We are poorly run from top to bottom. Any club poorly run will not succeed. Any club run well will.
We were fortunate to be run by an exceptional group of people from 1959 until that empty suit David Moores was given the club by his smarter elders.
If Villa was run brilliantly they would be up at the top year after year. Same goes for Newcastle, Spurs, Everton etc.
If the Chavs, mancs and the Arse were run like Villa, Everton etc they would be shit.
We are currently shit.

It must be a right laugh in yours at Christmas.

FSG have pumped big money in to the club and the transfer committee wasted it. I honestly believe had we had a striker we could have easily got 4th and had we had a proper DM may be even 2nd

FSG have pumped big money in to the club and the transfer committee wasted it. I honestly believe had we had a striker we could have easily got 4th and had we had a proper DM may be even 2nd

It's a fine line and hopefully we'll get it right next season. There's not really much we can do about it now, but venting forever and ever about it is counterproductive. It's like some fans are waiting for next season to get started so they can get on his back and force him out.

If people wanna have a go at me for challenging people, then I don't really give a fuck. There's no justification for posting the same aggressively negative points everyday in every thread.

As long he and the club have learnt from the mistakes and undertake to address them I am happy. I am not bothered about the price of a player actually cheaper the better.
We do need to get Scouts and Youth Coaches from Holland and Portugal to help identify and develop talent.

We've already got scouts there. We've got associate ones all over the place.

Yeah, I don't think it's that easy these days anyway to get young Dutch and Portuguese players. Both sets ply their trade at the big National clubs, or in Portugal's place, there or Spain, but both countries seem to encourage homegrown talent to learn the ropes at home first before moving elsewhere. The time to pick them up is around 21-23, but by then the big clubs are sniffing around the players who are good enough to move to a bigger league.

That said, we do need to reassess the way do things on that note, we went from picking up every Spanish half decent kid for buttons, to then paying over the odds for a couple of players that no one else seemed interested in. No surprise that alot of our focus now seems to be on developing young players who are already at the club, which to some degree can be seen to be working. Players who've come through the academy from an early age, or have been brought in from elsewhere in England at an early age. I think the current crop over the last season or two are looking like some of the best we've had in a while.

Most Dutch players have left before 23 if they are going to make it.

Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord all have very young first teams these days.

There's no justification for posting the same aggressively negative points everyday in every thread.

Like there's any point in constantly challenging them?
Just as we know RedNinja's position on just about everything, have a look at yourself.

Alberto was one of those players who could pass intelligently and slow the pace, but he was skinny shit with 0 presence. We need a diddy type player.

There are enough tits in the team already.

Do people outside of NI get the diddy reference?

I dunno - thought it was universal?

You telling me Diddy is an Noron Iron thing.

.... and all those years I though Puff Diddy was just being self deprecating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom