• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Sparta Prague (A) - Thurs 17:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
Europe is back in our lives, this game though is an important prep to get some key players ready for Sunday.

I think we’ll rest those we can - Robbo & Konate, then rotate most others wisely.

I expect Nunez, Endo & Szobo all to start.

Kelleher

Gomez
Quansah
Virgil
Tsimikas

Endo
Macca
Szobo

Diaz
Gakpo
Nunez

I have a sneaky feeling that Klopp might save Gomez for the City game.
Do we trust Bradley to handle Doku?

So my gut feeling says that our line up will be:

------------------------Kelleher
Bradley-----Konate-----Quansah----Tsimikas

-------Szobo----------Endo--------Clark

Elliott-----------------Nunez-------------Gakpo

I'm all for saving legs for against City and bring on players if and when needed for match sharpness.

--------------------------Kelleher
Bradley - - Quansah - - VVD----Tsimikas
--------------------------Endo
-----------Szoboslai - - - - - Clarke
----Elliott------------Danns- ------Gakpo

Mac and Szoboslai can be subbed for one another and Nunez will need some minutes, although he was looking sharp enough.

Hopefully Salah can get on the bench

We can pack the bench with experienced players and bring them on for 20 - 30 mins or as required. Hopefully that includes Mo.

-------------------------Kelleher

Bradley----- Quansah ------ Gomez -----Tsimikas

----------Elliott----------Endo--------Clark

Gakpo ----------------- Danns ----------- Nunez

We can pack the bench with experienced players and bring them on for 20 - 30 mins or as required. Hopefully that includes Mo.

Absolutely.
0-0 draw with no injuries would be perfect.

I'd even throw in Nyoni and McConnell.

Player freshness for City is vital. Arsenal in part blow us away because they were fresher and had more energy. Whoever is playing Sundays needs to be managed accordingly.

We can turn around any reasonable EL result at Anfield.

Arsenal had played 2 games in a month. That wont be the case with City. In terms of freshness it should be about the same.
Its our injuries to certain key players that has to be managed.

Copenhagen could do us a favour by injuring a couple of players like Haaland, Rodri and KDB.

I think Szobo, Endo and Nunez need to start to get ready for the City game, maybe play an hour each. Other than that I don't really care - I'd rest as many as possible. I'm praying Salah makes the bench at least.

Adrian

Bradley
Quansah
Van Dijk
Tsimikas

Endo
Szobozslai
Clark

Gakpo
Nunez
Elliott

Strong-ish side for me and then a few planned subs with 1 eye on City, bring back a 3 or 4 goal advantage then rest more for the home tie. This trophy has eluded us for far too long now.

Kelleher Gomez Konate Quansah Tsimikas Endo Szobo Mac Gakpo Danns Nunez

Keep that momentum going, we longer we do the better chance we have.

It goes without saying that our focus must be on City ... hence just 4 certain starters for that match here (Kells, Bradders or Gomez, Endo and Nunez). And if all is well get them off ASAP. Plus a runout for Mo.

At this point I'd put Thiago (bless his soul) on the center circle just to fill out the numbers tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom