• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer Rumours 21/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn't surprise me if he wanted to try somewhere new. I wouldn't like the thought of him and salah going this summer however

Erling Haaland looks set to join Manchester City this week and Cadena SER in Spain report why Real Madrid decided against going for the Norwegian striker.

The Spanish outlet report that the late Mino Raiola, Haaland’s former agent, asked for a release clause of €150 million in his second season at Madrid.

The clause would have meant that if things were not going well for the striker, he would have the option of leaving the club for €150 million.

Madrid club president Florentino Pérez reportedly decided against the clause, admitting that he could not afford to make such an investment in a player who could leave the club in the next couple of years and join a rival side.

Erling Haaland looks set to join Manchester City this week and Cadena SER in Spain report why Real Madrid decided against going for the Norwegian striker.

The Spanish outlet report that the late Mino Raiola, Haaland’s former agent, asked for a release clause of €150 million in his second season at Madrid.

The clause would have meant that if things were not going well for the striker, he would have the option of leaving the club for €150 million.

Madrid club president Florentino Pérez reportedly decided against the clause, admitting that he could not afford to make such an investment in a player who could leave the club in the next couple of years and join a rival side.

I'm a bit lost on this. To get Haarland you need to pay €70-75m (allegedly) and about €25m/year in salary. Raiola wanted a release clause of €150m from year 2. Unless the contacted wages still fell due (which seems weird if the contact was bought out) this still represents Harland for one year €75m + €25m outgoings (plus agents fees etc) and €150m incoming. Surely not the end of the world unless you know Haarland is going to fuck off after one season? Seems weird he'd leave RM after just one season

I'm a bit lost on this. To get Haarland you need to pay €70-75m (allegedly) and about €25m/year in salary. Raiola wanted a release clause of €150m from year 2. Unless the contacted wages still fell due (which seems weird if the contact was bought out) this still represents Harland for one year €75m + €25m outgoings (plus agents fees etc) and €150m incoming. Surely not the end of the world unless you know Haarland is going to fuck off after one season? Seems weird he'd leave RM after just one season
They would more or less break even over these figures but of course more agents' fees and add ons (plus tax on both deals) would be due I'd imagine. I'd agree with RM in that is it worth the risk? And only 3 teams that could afford him at present (PSG, City and United).

German publication BILD has reported today that the total amounts for signing Borussia Dortmund and Norwegian megastar Erling Haaland will total some €355m. This is how it would be broken down, according to them:
  • €75m for his release clause + €10m in add ons
  • €40m commission for Mino Raiola company (Haaland’s agent)
  • €30m commission for Alf-Inge Haaland (Erling’s father)
  • €40m in wages per year spread over five years (€200m in total)
  • Total: €355m

They would more or less break even over these figures but of course more agents' fees and add ons (plus tax on both deals) would be due I'd imagine. I'd agree with RM in that is it worth the risk? And only 3 teams that could afford him at present (PSG, City and United).

German publication BILD has reported today that the total amounts for signing Borussia Dortmund and Norwegian megastar Erling Haaland will total some €355m. This is how it would be broken down, according to them:
  • €75m for his release clause + €10m in add ons
  • €40m commission for Mino Raiola company (Haaland’s agent)
  • €30m commission for Alf-Inge Haaland (Erling’s father)
  • €40m in wages per year spread over five years (€200m in total)
  • Total: €355m

(Not getting at you Froggie)

That makes even less sense to my simple mind. Either a release clause is a release clause - a clause that releases you from a contract. Add-ons don't make sense to me. Even with all the figures above I still don't get the RM reported position. As @Frogfish states there are only 3-4 possible places Haarland could jump ship to after one year. the market is really tiny. So for an (ridiculously hign) upfront investment they would get a season from Haarland and then run the relatively small risk of him moving on for which the books would just about balance. The only reasons I see not to do it are:
  • RM realise that it is an insanely expensive transfer that will set standards for others and for salary bargaining
  • RM believe that Haarland would want to move away from Madrid after one season
Seems obvious to me that it is the finances they are backing away from not the risk

Haaland would want to move time and time again if those are the fees his father and agent are making with a transfer.

[article]Liverpool are close to clinching the signing of Aberdeen fullback Calvin Ramsay.

A deal to 'finalise' the transfer of Ramsay to Liverpool is being prepared, says the Mail on Sunday.

The 18-year-old right-back has enjoyed a hugely impressive season for Aberdeen in the Scottish Premier League, attracting interest from a number of clubs.

The Dons are understood to have turned down a £4.8million off from Italian side Bologna in January, but Liverpool now look ready to swoop in for the teenager.

Last night, Ramsay collected the Scottish Football Writers' Young Player of the Year award in Glasgow[/article]

[article]Liverpool are close to clinching the signing of Aberdeen fullback Calvin Ramsay.

A deal to 'finalise' the transfer of Ramsay to Liverpool is being prepared, says the Mail on Sunday.

The 18-year-old right-back has enjoyed a hugely impressive season for Aberdeen in the Scottish Premier League, attracting interest from a number of clubs.

The Dons are understood to have turned down a £4.8million off from Italian side Bologna in January, but Liverpool now look ready to swoop in for the teenager.

Last night, Ramsay collected the Scottish Football Writers' Young Player of the Year award in Glasgow[/article]

Liverpool transfer target Calvin Ramsay's 2021/22 SPFL goals and assists

From experienced old heads to someone who just won League 2. Talk about extremes.'

[article]Watford Football Club is delighted to confirm the appointment of Rob Edwards as its new Head Coach, effective after the conclusion of the current 2021/22 season.

Rob had a contractual provision allowing him to leave Forest Green Rovers at any time to discuss employment opportunities at other clubs and the Hornets are delighted to confirm our discussions concluded today.

Rob joined Forest Green Rovers as Head Coach in 2021, where his attractive brand of football took the Gloucestershire side to the top of Sky Bet League Two – winning the division earlier this month for the first time in the club’s history. His efforts were recognised by the EFL when he collected the League Two Manager of the Season award.

His debut in the professional game came just after his 20th birthday and was handed to Rob by none other than the late, great Graham Taylor OBE for Aston Villa in December 2002. A successful playing career including the likes of Wolverhampton Wanderers and Blackpool was cut short by injury after just over a decade.

Rob quickly moved into coaching roles, initially within the Wolves academy. He led the Under-18 and Under-23 sides, while also experiencing an interim spell in charge of first-team affairs in 2016.

Success with Wolves’ Under-23s saw Rob win promotion to the Premier League 2, the highest division in English youth football, and his stock rose further as both Head Coach of England’s Under-16 side and a coaching role in the Young Lions’ Under-20s set-up.[/article]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom