• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer Rumours 21/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
M'Bappe situation is interesting. Of course there is no way PSG can afford/keep happy Neymar, M'Bappe and Messi (PSG clearly want him - even posting a pic of him in a PSG shirt) ! To me that seems to indicate they are prepared to let him go, which would be insane but then the chance to have Messi before he goes to pot is difficult to resist for a team like PSG.

But then long term there is no contest so for PSG it's one or the other plus Neymar (confirmed). So Messi or M'Bappe to City ? Likely the only club that could afford either of them.

[article]Liverpool decided to pull out of the race for Dayot Upamecano due to fears he would not fit well alongside Virgil Van Dijk, it has been claimed.

Upamecano has established himself as one of the most promising defenders in Europe in recent years. Hence, a number of clubs have been showing an interest in him.

Liverpool were among those to be linked, as they looked for cover for the injured Van Dijk.

Chelsea and Manchester United also wanted to bring Upamecano to the Premier League. However, the French defender has chosen a different route.

Bayern Munich have announced they have agreed a deal to sign Upamecano from RB Leipzig. He will head to Munich for the beginning of next season.

It could be something the Premier League clubs come to regret. The 22-year-old looks to have a big future and his value will only increase from the €42.5m Bayern have paid for him.

Liverpool, though, seem to be sure they have made the right decision.

According to Goal, the Premier League champions did consider a move for Upamecano. However, he was not a serious name on their shortlist.

The main reason they doubted Upamecano was because he plays on the same side of a centre-back pairing as Van Dijk.[/article]

Who the fuck would buy Ox, Shaq or Keita for any money? I can see us letting them go on a free but no-one is spending money on them. They play about half an hour a month

M'Bappe situation is interesting. Of course there is no way PSG can afford/keep happy Neymar, M'Bappe and Messi (PSG clearly want him - even posting a pic of him in a PSG shirt) ! To me that seems to indicate they are prepared to let him go, which would be insane but then the chance to have Messi before he goes to pot is difficult to resist for a team like PSG.

But then long term there is no contest so for PSG it's one or the other plus Neymar (confirmed). So Messi or M'Bappe to City ? Likely the only club that could afford either of them.

Mbappe's big money will come from commercial deals, with nike especially.
We're bigger than City in that regard, with far far more pull globally speaking despite what City will do with the quadruple this year.
Mbappe has come off as a really good, down to earth kid.
We can only hope he's not one of those really good, down to earth thundercunt kids who are tempted by that whooping thundercunt Pep.

Caleta-Car at a Marseille presser today

Quote:
[xtable=border:0|cellpadding:6|cellspacing:0|100%x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}I received an offer from Liverpool. It was an honour for me to know that such a club wanted me.

We decided with the club that I was going to stay.

Marseille is also a great club and I still have a lot of improving to do here.{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Quote:
[xtable=skin1|border:0|cellpadding:6|cellspacing:0|100%x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}I received an offer from Liverpool. It was an honour for me to know that such a club wanted me.

Marseille is also a great club and I still have a lot of improving to do here.{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Said with clenched teeth.
If Kabak doesn't impress, the Car is next.

Quote:
{tbody}
{tr}

{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Until the Summer then it'll be ... the time has come to move on, OM will always be in my heart but you fuckers don't pay me enough.

When was the last time we went back for previous targets - be it bids/offers rejected by club/player (Fekir, Lemar, Teixeira etc.)?

Quote:
{tbody}
{tr}

{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Apparently the Liverpool CB curse is so strong that 2 of the defenders we scouted got injured recently.

The other one was Braga’s David Carmo - sustained serious injury today.

Apparently the Liverpool CB curse is so strong that 2 of the defenders we scouted got injured recently.

The other one was Braga’s David Carmo - sustained serious injury today.

:oops:

On a side note, RM are linked with a move for Carmo

[article]Real Madrid are continuing to lay contingency plans for the possible departure of club captain Sergio Ramos at the end of the season, with the 34-year-old locked in an ongoing contract dispute with the Bernabéu board. Madrid have always kept a close an eye on the Portuguese league and have often done business in the defensive department with the likes of Éder Militão, Pepe and Fabio Coentrão all moving from Primeira to LaLiga.

Now, AS understands that the Bernabéu scouts have been monitoring 21-year-old Braga defender David Carmo. The towering central defender was heavily linked with a move to Liverpool in January as a stand-in for Virgil van Dijk, but sources involved in that negotiation have confirmed to AS that €5m separated the two parties: Braga wanted a loan fee of €4m with a compulsory purchase option to be triggered this summer for €25m. Liverpool were only willing to offer €20m.

That has left Carmo up for grabs and the Portugal youth international is likely to generate a lot of interest this summer. Roma made Braga an offer of €18m last summer but amid talk of Manchester United and other big spenders keeping tabs on Carmo, the Portuguese club decided to bide their time. The defender is under contract until 2025 and has a release clause of €40m.

However, fortune has not smiled on the 21-year-old in recent weeks. After narrowly missing out on a move to the Premier League champions, Carmo suffered a broken leg in the Taça de Portugal semifinal against Porto and faces three months on the sidelines. That will not dampen a bidding war for the youngster and Madrid remain keen on a player who has chalked up 30 league appearances and has Europa League experience this season under his belt. He had also been tipped to be handed a first senior cap ahead of the Euros.

Madrid are confident that if Braga are willing to do business the friendship between Florentino Pérez and Antonio Salvador will place the Liga giants at the front of the queue. Madrid are rarely short of loan options to offer as part of any deal and a few years ago had reached an agreement for youth teamer Sarabia to move to Braga before the player opted to join Getafe instead.[/article]

I can see Klopp fashioning Barnes into the player he thought Ox would become. That said, I like his potential far more than the player he is now - for what he actually delivers on the pitch at the moment the money quoted for him is insane.

What's the money quoted for him?
Thought he was always a bit under the radar in the midst of Grealish/Foden/Maddison hype (not unlike Son when Kane, Eriksen and Alli were getting all the attention). I really think Barnes is dead good and would fit right in a Klopp team with his style of play

About Sarr, I'm not sure anymore. He had a few games last season where he looked like an absolute baller but it sounds like Harvey Elliott is outperforming him in the Championship now

Who the fuck would buy Ox, Shaq or Keita for any money? I can see us letting them go on a free but no-one is spending money on them. They play about half an hour a month

Hence why I said we should Swap them and maybe throw in a £10m as a sweetener

Hence why I said we should Swap them and maybe throw in a £10m as a sweetener

A superlative suggestion, Donavan. With just two minor flaws. One, the other team has to actually want a player in order to swap him. And two, the other team has to actually want a player in order to swap him. Now I realise that technically speaking that's only one flaw but I thought that it was such a big one that it was worth mentioning twice.

A superlative suggestion, Donavan. With just two minor flaws. One, the other team has to actually want a player in order to swap him. And two, the other team has to actually want a player in order to swap him. Now I realise that technically speaking that's only one flaw but I thought that it was such a big one that it was worth mentioning twice.
You missed The Sweetener .. that was obviously the clincher.

Have we offered those players in a swap deal... No
So we don't know
A) If B&A would sell Leandro Trossard
B) If Leandro Trossard would sign for Liverpool
C) if they (B&A) would take a part swap, part cash deal

I only suggest that we give it a try.
It may no be the two I have in mind (AOC and Shaqiri) it maybe cash and Origi, or Origi plus one of Shaqiri and the Ox and plus cash. But it should not stop us trying

I really feel sorry for
Have we offered those players in a swap deal... No
So we don't know
A) If B&A would sell Leandro Trossard
B) If Leandro Trossard would sign for Liverpool
C) if they (B&A) would take a part swap, part cash deal

I only suggest that we give it a try.
It may no be the two I have in mind (AOC and Shaqiri) it maybe cash and Origi, or Origi plus one of Shaqiri and the Ox and plus cash. But it should not stop us trying

It’s great to know Shaq and Ox are so committed to the cause they’d be happy to disappear to Brighton and probably fight relegation every year for half the wage.

I really feel sorry for

It’s great to know Shaq and Ox are so committed to the cause they’d be happy to disappear to Brighton and probably fight relegation every year for half the wage.

You could look at it like that...

Or you could look at it like this...

I know that if it was me I would rather be at B&A proving my worth and hoping a more worth while club would notice me than spending over 95% of my time on the Liverpool bench getting scraps of games and not having the game time to show my worth...

Players leave clubs all the time qouting the lack of game time as a reason

"Milner said he found himself marooned on the sidelines despite hitting a rich vein of form and admitted his unwillingness to kick up a fuss ironically restricted his opportunities further.
The England international moved in the opposite direction to Sterling earlier in the summer with the prospect of regular football in his preferred central midfield position convincing him to switch to Anfield on a free transfer.
I thought at times at City I won player of the month and then didn’t play for three, four or five games after,” said Milner. “I feel here if I play well, I’ll keep the shirt. It’s down to me."

You would think that Origi,AOC would want to prove themselves and rescue thier flaging careers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom