• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other games 23-28 April

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Saudi are in the top ten. If they’d have got going 1 or 2 games earlier they might have pipped United to the Conf League place

Who was it that was going on about Newcastle not having a hope of staying up a few months ago?

Don't know about "going on about", but I certainly thought they were for the drop earlier in the season. I wasn't sure about Eddie Howe, I wasn't convinced they'd attract the right quality of player given their overall position and, even if they did, I wondered if they had enough time to knit the whole thing together. Nor was I the only one. Fair play to them - they're on the brink of getting into the top half of the table and that's a remarkable turnaround however rich the new owners are.

Very ominous form the geordies are in. Taking Norwich apart today. Six straight home wins with us up next.

Oh dear

Who was it that was going on about Newcastle not having a hope of staying up a few months ago?

I have to say they've been smart about it – Eddie Howe wasn't the most glamorous appointment, but turned out to be the right one; he lifted the spirits of the squad, instilled the kind of attacking game that suits their self-image and worked calmly under pressure. And their transfers were smart too – instead of going for the likes of Coutinho, they've addressed several weak spots in the squad and their biggest-name purchase Bruno Guimaraes seems to have had the least impact (for now).

I have nothing against Newcastle as a club or their fans, but the Saudi sportwashing is obviously disgusting and that has to stop. I'm not sure I'll watch any Newcastle games, even against us, as long as they are owned by the axe murderer.

Munich Dortmund is worth watching - it's just started.

Bayern win the title with a win today.

Guardiola seems nutty as a fruit cake ..making things up is he to be the underdog or something,,cracked !!

Very ominous form the geordies are in. Taking Norwich apart today. Six straight home wins with us up next.

Oh dear

Nah. The two best teams on the planet are us and City. No way we drop points to that lot. What guts me is that we could win every game left and lose the league by a point. Which is what I think will happen.

Not worth a new thread but some may like to know : Harry Wilson and Dominic Solanke are in the running to be named Sky Bet Championship Player of the Season at the 2022 EFL Awards

From the bbc

What is going on with Chelsea, eh?

Last season, once Thomas Tuchel took over it was all smiles, ending with lifting the Champions League trophy. In the summer, they splashed out megabucks on the number nine everyone thought they needed in Romelu Lukaku. A title bid was in the offing, many predicted.

But It has not gone to plan. Their European title defence is done, they're battling to keep hold of third spot, Lukaku has been a bit of a disaster and they're falling apart on home turf.

Totally agree

I think Wham Chelsea will end up in a score draw.

[article]Chelsea: Mendy, Azpilicueta, Silva, Christensen, Loftus-Cheek, Kante, Jorginho, Alonso, Mount, Werner, Havertz. Subs: Arrizabalaga, Lukaku, Pulisic, Chalobah, Saul Niguez, Barkley, Ziyech, Kenedy, Sarr.

West Ham: Fabianski, Coufal, Dawson, Cresswell, Johnson, Soucek, Noble, Masuaku, Fornals, Benrahma, Yarmolenko. Subs: Areola, Antonio, Lanzini, Vlasic, Bowen, Fredericks, Kral, Rice, Alese.
[/article]

Burnley look more adventurous and I’d hope they beat wolves at home. 2-1.

Brighton v Southampton definitely feels like end of season affair. 2-0.

Burnley take the lead

Southampton equaliser from 2-0 down to 2-2

Chelsea West ham still shite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom