• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Man Utd (H) - PL - Tues 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
Quick turnaround for this one, huge game against the old enemy.

Can see some of those who were on the bench starting this, but it’s hard to ignore form of those who were sensational in the semi.
I think we’ll see:

Ali
Trent Matip Virg Robbo
Fabs
Hendo Thiago
Salah Jota Diaz

my preference would be to see Naby again, and Tsimikas on the left.

United didn’t play either McTominay or Fred at the weekend, potentially to rest them for this.

We play the day before city so another chance to put them under pressure.

Quick turnaround for this one, huge game against the old enemy.

Can see some of those who were on the bench starting this, but it’s hard to ignore form of those who were sensational in the semi.
I think we’ll see:

Ali
Trent Matip Virg Robbo
Fabs
Hendo Thiago
Salah Jota Diaz

my preference would be to see Naby again, and Tsimikas on the left.

United didn’t play either McTominay or Fred at the weekend, potentially to rest them for this.

We play the day before city so another chance to put them under pressure.
Rumours are Fred and mctominay are injured hence they didn't play yesterday. No doubt they'll make a miraculous recovery for Tuesday

I don't think we'll see both Robbo and Trent in the same team until the semi final of the CL.

On that basis:

----------------Alisson ------------

Trent -- Matip -- Virgil -- Tsimikas

----- Hendo -- Fabs -- Keita----

----Salah -- Jota -- Mane ----

I think we'll give Thiago a break on this one, he'll come on for Henderson in the second half.

Against Everton I wouldn't be surprised to see Robbo and Gomez as fullbacks.

Rumours are Fred and mctominay are injured hence they didn't play yesterday. No doubt they'll make a miraculous recovery for Tuesday
Covid? What's the latest on this in the UK / PL ? How is it handled now?

I don't think we'll see both Robbo and Trent in the same team until the semi final of the CL.

On that basis:

I think we'll give Thiago a break on this one, he'll come on for Henderson in the second half.

Yep. I can't see any other team. Next up Everton and that's 5 days later with a late KO so shouldn't be an issue for any of them. 5 subs from 60 mins on.

I watched 15 mins of the United vs Norwich highlights (that is the two Norwich goals) and United looked defensively horrendous. Norwich could have won that before Ronaldo scored and played well. There wasn't a great difference between the teams.

This was their team vs Norwich:

Screenshot-2022-04-17-at-14-31-02.png

Pogba got booed off last match so don't see him starting. If it's covid Fred + McTominay may not be back however they'll both start if fit (for Lingard + Pogba) and I doubt they'll be any other changes. If Fred + McTominay aren't fit then I expect Matic to replace Pogba.

Of course Ronaldo and Elanga (nice find) are going to be dangerous in attack, however I'll be shocked if we don't spank them again. 4-1 this time with Mo back on the scoresheet (x2), VvD and Diaz from the bench our scorers.

Yep. I can't see any other team. Next up Everton and that's 5 days later with a late KO so shouldn't be an issue for any of them. 5 subs from 60 mins on.

Yea that’s the team although Mane was knackered, I could see Diaz doing 60 and Mane 30.

I watched 15 mins of the United vs Norwich highlights (that is the two Norwich goals) and United looked defensively horrendous. Norwich could have won that before Ronaldo scored and played well. There wasn't a great difference between the teams.

This was their team vs Norwich:

Screenshot-2022-04-17-at-14-31-02.png

Pogba got booed off last match so don't see him starting. If it's covid Fred + McTominay may not be back however they'll both start if fit (for Lingard + Pogba) and I doubt they'll be any other changes. If Fred + McTominay aren't fit then I expect Matic to replace Pogba.

Of course Ronaldo and Elanga (nice find) are going to be dangerous in attack, however I'll be shocked if we don't spank them again. 4-1 this time with Mo back on the scoresheet (x2), VvD and Diaz from the bench our scorers.

I did have a quick look on red café and there’s a thread questioning whether Ronaldo starts this with some chat around Fernandez as false 9 with Sancho and Elanga.

If their team is anything like the side that faced Norwich they have no chance but there’s no way.

Ragnick said McTominay, Fred and most likely Varane are out injured.

Good… I hope the play Ronaldo, Matic, Mata & Cavani in a side with an average age older than the last Masters side they put out.

If you want a bit of a giggle pop over to red cafe (no sign up required so dive straight in) and read their threads on the Tuesday game and Harry maguire

Some of the posters seem about to top them selves!

“If they start with 9 we may sneak a draw”

“A proper spanking”

“Might as well go full Ole and play that cowardly back five that actually served us quite well. Mind you that relies on Varane being fit”

“it's sad. When we were on top, ANY game v Liverpool was a horrid nailbiter, even when they were finishing 7th and 8th.
Now the tables are turned we just roll over for them”

“i think our best bet is to wake up the next day and claim it wasn’t consensual”

I have no allusions about the like situation of this post. The doc will post a one liner underneath and farm the fuck out of the thread [emoji3]

On that basis:

Yep, go with this. Maybe see Jones for Naby but then Naby pressed well at against united so it comes down to Naby’s fitness on such quick turnaround.

An injured lion is still dangerous. They will more than any other team want us to slip up, as a 20th title equals theirs. So this should be treated like the City game with the same intensity

What are they? 5th?
Will be a tough game especially with their players they have on paper regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom