• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Are we spending 150m on Bellingham?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminds me of the time we were absolutely desperate to get Naby signed in January but it couldn’t be done. Hopefully the similarities end there.

I’d love to get him in Jan, it would really lift our season although perhaps it would also heap a lot of pressure on him given our injury problems and general shitness.

[article]
Liverpool could give up on trying to sign Borussia Dortmund and England midfielder Jude Bellingham because they believe getting a deal done for the 19-year-old is proving too complicated. (AS - in Spanish)

[/article]

Or, in other words - we here at AS have no fucking clue about anything that’s going on at Liverpool, let alone their thoughts on transfers…. But we have column space needing filling, so we’ll make some shit up - tomorrow we’ll write the opposite.

I suspect Real will be spending their coin on Mbappe next.
Valverde and Tchouameni can hold the fort, along with Kroos and Camavinga, for another year or two.

Indeed. Those chiselling barstewards would still take him but are trying to do it at a lower price (£100 mill). If he were a priority they'd offer the asking price and try to gazump everybody else.

Klopp has been speaking to @Andy Hunter about Jude. It’s on like Donkey Kong.

[article]
Jürgen Klopp has paid a lavish tribute to Jude Bellingham and insisted failure to qualify for the Champions League this season would not prevent Liverpool attracting their top transfer targets.

Liverpool’s interest in Bellingham was well established before the England midfielder enhanced his reputation at the World Cup, although the prospect of Borussia Dortmund selling the 19-year-old in January appears remote. Despite also being linked with a move for Enzo Fernández next month, Liverpool are not in the market for Argentina’s World Cup-winning midfielder.

Klopp may have to wait until the summer to test Dortmund’s resolve to keep Bellingham but that has not deterred the Liverpool manager, usually reluctant to discuss players at other clubs, from launching what amounted to a charm offensive towards the coveted England international.

Asked whether Bellingham’s World Cup performances could put him out of Anfield’s financial reach, Klopp replied: “I don’t like to talk about money when you talk about a player like him. Everyone can see he is just exceptional.

“If you mention to someone who has no clue about football: ‘How old do you think Jude Bellingham is?’ I don’t think anyone would get even close to his age. They would say 28 or 29 because he plays so mature. He played an exceptional World Cup. Absolutely exceptional. With all the things he has and things he can improve, to describe him I would say the things he can do are difficult to learn, and the things he can improve are easy to learn. He is a really good player.

“What can I say? I have thought that already for two or three years since he had his breakthrough at Dortmund. Everybody knew already but I have no idea what that means for the money side of it. I really think if we all want to do him a favour then we do not talk too much about money. I mean that from an England point of view. Do not throw any hurdles in his development.”

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...rs-praise-on-just-exceptional-jude-bellingham
[/article]

Yea, I can’t be arsed Binnying for you.

Klopp has been speaking to @Andy Hunter about Jude. It’s on like Donkey Kong.

[article]
Jürgen Klopp has paid a lavish tribute to Jude Bellingham and insisted failure to qualify for the Champions League this season would not prevent Liverpool attracting their top transfer targets.

Liverpool’s interest in Bellingham was well established before the England midfielder enhanced his reputation at the World Cup, although the prospect of Borussia Dortmund selling the 19-year-old in January appears remote. Despite also being linked with a move for Enzo Fernández next month, Liverpool are not in the market for Argentina’s World Cup-winning midfielder.

Klopp may have to wait until the summer to test Dortmund’s resolve to keep Bellingham but that has not deterred the Liverpool manager, usually reluctant to discuss players at other clubs, from launching what amounted to a charm offensive towards the coveted England international.

Asked whether Bellingham’s World Cup performances could put him out of Anfield’s financial reach, Klopp replied: “I don’t like to talk about money when you talk about a player like him. Everyone can see he is just exceptional.

“If you mention to someone who has no clue about football: ‘How old do you think Jude Bellingham is?’ I don’t think anyone would get even close to his age. They would say 28 or 29 because he plays so mature. He played an exceptional World Cup. Absolutely exceptional. With all the things he has and things he can improve, to describe him I would say the things he can do are difficult to learn, and the things he can improve are easy to learn. He is a really good player.

“What can I say? I have thought that already for two or three years since he had his breakthrough at Dortmund. Everybody knew already but I have no idea what that means for the money side of it. I really think if we all want to do him a favour then we do not talk too much about money. I mean that from an England point of view. Do not throw any hurdles in his development.”

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...rs-praise-on-just-exceptional-jude-bellingham
[/article]

Yea, I can’t be arsed Binnying for you.

He’d be as well to be speaking to Andy Hunter about aliens building the pyramids!!!!

Or both clubs discussed it back in June.
There is about a 0.1% chance that Jude's contract contains a clause.. that previously every outlet stated there is 'no clause'.

In fact, it was believed that was the sticking point on any new contract was he wanted a release clause inserted.

There is about a 0.1% chance that Jude's contract contains a clause.. that previously every outlet stated there is 'no clause'.

In fact, it was believed that was the sticking point on any new contract was he wanted a release clause inserted.
I’m not too sure. Haaland had a ridiculously low release fee. That would make it part of Dortmund’s approach to players. Get them young and give them game time. Watch them develop and when the richer clubs come along don’t stand in their way to move.

I’m not too sure. Haaland had a ridiculously low release fee. That would make it part of Dortmund’s approach to players. Get them young and give them game time. Watch them develop and when the richer clubs come along don’t stand in their way to move.
Yes. But he joined Dortmund a little older than Bellingham and his release clause was always known.

Bellingham the reports up until yesterday have been the opposite. "There is no release clause"... "Judes family are relaxed about no clause".. etc etc.

Then all of a sudden a secret £60m release clause?

I'm not sure that's right at all.

If there was a £60m release clause he would be in a banging green kit by now, or our physios would have injured him. Think that much is obvious.

If there was a £60m release clause he would be in a banging green kit by now, or our physios would have injured him. Think that much is obvious.
The clause is meant to be similar to Haalands. Only activated during one summer.. Summer of 2023.

The rumour probably originated from Marca or AS, since they seem to be convinced that he's Real bound.

Don’t you just live a transfer rumour! £150 million (all made up, of course) suddenly becomes £60 million.

In other words, ain’t got a clue!

The clause is meant to be similar to Haalands. Only activated during one summer.. Summer of 2023.

The rumour probably originated from Marca or AS, since they seem to be convinced that he's Real bound.

That isn't the impression I get, which is "Oh s**t, looks like Liverpool are getting him, we need to try and muddy the waters, rapidly."

Here’s a question for you.

If you’re, say a young English talented midfielder, that’s spent his “schoolboy” career registered at a career, but it’s to go to an overseas team a day in Europe, Germany for example.

If you have to spend 3 years registered at an English club to be considered “home grown” - can you use the “school boy” years.

Eric Dier, for example - isn’t considered home grown, because he moved to Portugal aged 7.

Jadon Sancho is considered home grown - but he would have been registered as a City player at 16, and had at least 1 season at Utd as an by U21.

I wonder if Bellingham needs to play in England next season to preserve his homegrown status?

That would be a clause worth inserting.

Fair enough. If I were a football superstar I too would have a release clause that could only be exercised during a solar eclipse, in a leap year, and and within 6 months of the King or pope dying.

He's about as reliable as Guillerme Ballbag Fabrizio Romongo, but he's probably right on this.

He's as reliable as Alex Jones. Hes' getting hated over here for his role as a "pundit" while gagging on Haalands cock at every chance. 90% of his interviews with other players and coaches are about Haaland and what they think of him. Dont think he has to many connections in Germany any longer either in all honesty.
But I think he's right about this one, sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom