• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

CL pre match: Red Bull Salzburg (H)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando
Kick Off: Wednesday 2 October
Time: 20:00 (BST)
TV: BT Sport 3

For some reason I think Keita will start. We have a big game against Leicester 3 days later. Might see Origi start as well.

The whole team can play the next 2 games and get unspecified “strains” that require them all to put their feet up and not travel or play in any pointless internationals the week after.

They have me a little worried. They have nothing to lose and they're in great form. Not a great week to have the Leicester game, but at least both games are at home. I think we need to go very strong.

They have me a little worried. They have nothing to lose and they're in great form. Not a great week to have the Leicester game, but at least both games are at home. I think we need to go very strong.

They're certainly in great form, but they're still a team we should beat.
Playing with no fear and pressing high against us could also be their downfall given how well we like to set up and play against those teams.

Will be a very competitive match, and high paced I reckon. Haaland is a major doubt by the way.

I'd like to see Keita, Shaq or Ox come in to this one - pace of the CL might suit them. No other changes.

-----------Adrian-----------
TAA--Matip--VVD--Robbo
-----------Fabs--------------
------Hendo---Keita-------
Salah---Bobby---Mane

They're certainly in great form, but they're still a team we should beat.
Playing with no fear and pressing high against us could also be their downfall given how well we like to set up and play against those teams.

Will be a very competitive match, and high paced I reckon. Haaland is a major doubt by the way.
You're easing my concern Hansern, nice work.

I'd like to see Keita, Shaq or Ox come in to this one - pace of the CL might suit them. No other changes.

-----------Adrian-----------
TAA--Matip--VVD--Robbo
-----------Fabs--------------
------Hendo---Keita-------
Salah---Bobby---Mane

Yeah I'd go with that but maybe bring in Milner for Henderson and there's the possibility of Gomez (who needs games) and Origi.

These are no mugs, they score for fun and play with no fear.

Agree it's a must win game.

Adrian Trent Matip Van Dijk Robertson Fabinho Ox Keita Mane Firmino Origi

This is a potential banana skin considering the form of some of players.

That lad Haarland, looks the deal, big strong and pacey. A skando I am fully signed up to

You are clearly discounting the Anfield factor. They will shit themselves, doubtless having watched umpteen reruns of the Barca game, and we will be two up by HT and run out 4-1 winners.

Just a reminder to those upping RB, this is the Salzburg version not the Leipzig version. Austrian league not the BL!
Valid point although the Austrian league seems quite robust these days.......WAC who are 3rd won 0-4 at borussia Moenchengladbach (5th in bundedliga) in the Europa League last week and borussia seem to have fielded a close to full strength team. Definitely not a game to be resting players.

Just a reminder to those upping RB, this is the Salzburg version not the Leipzig version. Austrian league not the BL!

Doesn't matter, Salzburg pot 3 and Leipzig pot 4 for a reason.

These are more dangerous, free scoring.

Valid point although the Austrian league seems quite robust these days.......WAC who are 3rd won 0-4 at borussia Moenchengladbach (5th in bundedliga) in the Europa League last week and borussia seem to have fielded a close to full strength team. Definitely not a game to be resting players.

Hi guys

I checked a few forums to find out the mood on the game against Salzburg. :)
First of all, I am from Salzburg and would like to say that I'm a big fan of English football and Liverpool in particular.
I'll be in Anfield for the first time on Wednesday and I'm really looking forward to it.
I didn't want to miss the chance to see this game live.

To the comment above:
Thanks for the flowers. I am curious how Salzburg will perform.
There are a lot of very young players on the field. The team surprised in the last years often very positively and also sometimes unfortunately negatively. Especially when you think of the many failed CL qualifications.
But especially against the big names, there have been great results in recent years. Dortmund, Napoli, Ajax, Leipzig, Lazio, ... were all beaten as example.
Anyway, Liverpool is a different level. But I think the performance, if all goes well for Salzburg, could surprise some people in Liverpool.

Cheers

Hi guys

I checked a few forums to find out the mood on the game against Salzburg. :)
First of all, I am from Salzburg and would like to say that I'm a big fan of English football and Liverpool in particular.
I'll be in Anfield for the first time on Wednesday and I'm really looking forward to it.
I didn't want to miss the chance to see this game live.

To the comment above:
Thanks for the flowers. I am curious how Salzburg will perform.
There are a lot of very young players on the field. The team surprised in the last years often very positively and also sometimes unfortunately negatively. Especially when you think of the many failed CL qualifications.
But especially against the big names, there have been great results in recent years. Dortmund, Napoli, Ajax, Leipzig, Lazio, ... were all beaten as example.
Anyway, Liverpool is a different level. But I think the performance, if all goes well for Salzburg, could surprise some people in Liverpool.

Cheers
Welcome David. As I've said before, you guys make me nervous. However, if you attack us, we have the tools to punish you. I don't expect an easy game.

Welcome David. As I've said before, you guys make me nervous. However, if you attack us, we have the tools to punish you. I don't expect an easy game.

As already said, the boys are partly still quite inexperienced. That is certainly the biggest problem.
On the other hand, a Mane and Keita played in Salzburg not that long ago.
So probably you may see some future Liverpool players on Wednesday. :)
I see potential for this with Dominik Szoboszlai, Erling Haaland, Patson Daka, Majeed Ashimeru and Antoine Bernede (unfortunately injured).

Last edited:
As already said, the boys are partly still quite inexperienced. That is certainly the biggest problem.
On the other hand, a Mane and Keita played in Salzburg not that long ago.
So probably you may soon see some future Liverpool players on Wednesday. :)
I see potential for this with Dominik Szoboszlai, Erling Haaland, Patson Daka, Majeed Ashimeru and Antoine Bernede (unfortunately injured).
We’re hearing Haaland might be injured. You think he’s going to play?

We’re hearing Haaland might be injured. You think he’s going to play?

I think he could have played the last game against Austria Vienna already.
He only had a cold. So I am quite sure he will play. He was spared for the great stage Anfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom