• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Nuri Şahin, Part III (Agreed, pending medical)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're being a right misery arse Ross. Cheer up, its the weekend. You could always start an accounting thread and get everyone all excited.

Here, Ross, something to cheer you up:

300px-EarlyBarbell.gif

Yep and its ONLY a loan deal with no option to buy at all. Basically we're grooming alonso's replacement.

How does anyone know what's exactly in this deal? Journalists are contradicting each other etc ... Let's wait and hear from them, and hopefully there is a buy clause.

How does anyone know what's exactly in this deal? Journalists are contradicting each other etc ... Let's wait and hear from them, and hopefully there is a buy clause.

Apparently from the journos on twitter there's no buy clause. That's what Arsenal wanted and couldn't agree with Madrid.

Ben Smith backtracked on the buy clause.

Oh well, if he's happy here, I can see Madrid selling ... Unless Mourinho sees him as an important part of their future (who knows).

Oh well, if he's happy here, I can see Madrid selling ... Unless Mourinho sees him as an important part of their future (who knows).
Unfortunately i think he does hence why the no option to buy. So its a £5m loan fee plust £80k a week, thats a lot of money on a player who will be gone by next May.

Unfortunately i think he does hence why the no option to buy. So its a £5m loan fee plust £80k a week, thats a lot of money on a player who will be gone by next May.
5M loan fee ? your winding us up right ? if thats true then there must be something in that contract we dont know about , because that would have added to a significant amount in the purchase of a striker which is more essential for us.

So its a £5m loan fee plust £80k a week, thats a lot of money on a player who will be gone by next May.

You could be right Glen BUT it only becomes a waste of money if we don't win a trophy or finish in a CL place. If he plays an integral role in us getting a top 4 place then it's very much a bargain.

If he helps us get CL then he's worth every penny

£5m loan fee? Fuck me that's steep!! That smacks of the sort of deal we were doing at the end of the H&G era: expensive short-term fixes because we weren't able to invest good money in wiser, long-term, options.

He'll need to make a hell of a contribution to justify that kind of expense, if indeed that figure's right.

£5m loan fee? Fuck me that's steep!! That smacks of the sort of deal we were doing at the end of the H&G era: expensive short-term fixes because we weren't able to invest good money in wiser, long-term, options.

He'll need to make a hell of a contribution to justify that kind of expense, if indeed that figure's right.

Downing cost pretty much the same per year

Where are you getting these #s from? Despite his kwality, I doubt we'd be willing to pay that much for a year rental unless there was an option for a longer loan and/or transfer - it kinda lessens the sweetness of the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom