• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other games 13th-14th May

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was inevitable. They've been getting closer each year. Winning in Europe is bad enough but doing the treble doesn't bear contemplation. I don't care about their financial doping and all the rest given that they'll never get punished.

I don't care if this makes me small minded and petty to focus on them. But I'm pretty miffed about this scenario.

I’m hopeful Inter’s God awful play acting and constantly feigning heinous head injuries, might just fool some adrenaline fuelled euro ref into an early red card against De Bruyne or Rodri etc…. Then Inter might just have a squeak of defending for 120 mins and winning on pens.

My only crumb of comfort is that Man City celebrated at the end like they have already won a title.
In a once off game anything can happen as we Liverpool fans know all too well.
But it is a pretty slim chance at this stage.
Vai Internationale.

FA cup final comes a week before right? I’m sure Utd will do the right thing and start injuring their players 2nd half when the games already over.

Right, turning this shite off. Credit to City though for battering a team we’ve really struggled against.

I think it's time that many of us put some respect on Guardiola - he really has set new standards in our domestic league and has done to Madrid what Madrid did to us this season. I know so many of us keep going on about the Arab money and all that shit - yes they have recruited players that otherwise they would not have been able to afford but seriously - when you look at their players - and compare to our team, there are few players I would swap with them. It's Guardiola's system of maximizing the best qualities of his players and playing a system that will win you 9/10 games. It's also a style of play that has can stand the test of time unlike our system which exhausts players and relies on energy and in some cases restricting a players full abilities. It's not about Harland - he did not even score against Madrid, and KDB did not even have the best of games tonight, but they absolutely dominated Madrid with what is essentially excellent football that Madrid could not cope with with.

For those of you who want to stick to the argument about the money and how he has never had to build a team from the ground up - well Guardiola may leave and another coach may take over - but do you honestly think they will be this dominant ? - did David Moyes taking over Man United make them at the same standard as Fergy ? its always about the coach on how a team plays and gets results.

They're a great team.
He's a great manager.
They will win the treble.
No one will care.
Huge financial advantage.
Cowardly football bodies allow them to cheat.
He's a horrible ducking cunt.
Just surprised no one has ever asked him why he doesn't try to go to a team without a squad/money advantage like his arch nemesis has done twice.

My only crumb of comfort is that Man City celebrated at the end like they have already won a title.
In a once off game anything can happen as we Liverpool fans know all too well.
But it is a pretty slim chance at this stage.
Vai Internationale.
I found the celebrations a bit strange as well, flags draped over shoulders and what was basically a victory lap. They've been to the final before so I can't understand that. Maybe they were listening to the hyperbole on BT that made me want to lance my ears.

It was inevitable. They've been getting closer each year. Winning in Europe is bad enough but doing the treble doesn't bear contemplation. I don't care about their financial doping and all the rest given that they'll never get punished.

I don't care if this makes me small minded and petty to focus on them. But I'm pretty miffed about this scenario.
Think about this way, them doing the treble takes away the sheen from Man U's treble.

hope we get our midfield signings in fast, as that game showed that modric and kroos need replacing

Anything can happen in a 1 off final in a neutral venue, occasion will be too much for City to handle, Inter have the know how in Europe.

Easy peasy.

It would be funny if they win it and after the FA are done with them it’s the only trophy left standing in the Pep era.

Sucks this streak ends ...

347264048_582791850620876_541052729572880987_n.jpg

It will go on.

& then will go on for another 10 years when we sign Gvardiol in the summer.

BELIEVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom