• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - F*ck You Count Cup - Forest (A) - Sun 1800

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
Away to Forest for a spot in the FA Cup Semis. I’d expect more rotation if there wasn’t an international break but still expect a fair amount

Kelleher

Trent
Konate
Virgil
Tsimikas

Fabs
Naby
Jones / Elliot / Ox

Jota (to continue refunding form)
Diaz
Ox / Origi / Mina

so hard to predict but I’m excited for this as the push for a domestic trophy double develops

There's a two week international break after this isn't there? Strongest team - full stop and fuck their national teams.

So Jota has a game on the 24th, Trent & Hendo on 26th, a ton of games on the 29th and the last games to be played before returning for Watford (2nd) are the South American lads (game on 30th). That's well dodgy for us.

----------------------- Alisson

Trent ----- Matip ----------- VvD ------- Robbo

----------------------- Fabs

------ Keita ---------------------- Thiago

Mo. ---------------- Bobby ---------------- Diaz

I'm assuming on their return that Diaz, Bobby & Fabs (maybe even Ali depending on flight times) won't be available as starters for Watford.

Last edited:
There's a two week international break after this isn't there? Strongest team - full stop and fuck their national teams.

So Jota has a game on the 24th, Trent & Hendo on 26th, a ton of games on the 29th and the last games to be played before returning for Watford (2nd) are the South American lads (game on 30th). That's well dodgy for us.
Most of our players are only playing friendlies.
But our attackers are fucked, except Firmino.

Most of our players are only playing friendlies.
But our attackers are fucked, except Firmino.
Yeah I had a quick check Mo and Mane have two games against each other. FFS. Our SA contingent have two WC games each. What the hell the team will be for Watford I have no idea.

Yeah I had a quick check Mo and Mane have two games against each other. FFS. Our SA contingent have two WC games each. What the hell the team will be for Watford I have no idea.
You know, you just don't want to imagine it...

Last edited:
Trent usually warms the bench anyway.

Non-European
24th Brazil vs Chile; Columbia vs Bolivia
25th Senegal vs Egypt; South Africa vs Guinea
29th Egypt vs Senegal; Guinea vs Zambia
30th Bolivia vs Brazil; Venezuela vs Colombia

I'd rather the boys get a rest before internationals to try and stop getting overworked.

Kelleher
Bradley
Gomez
Ibou
Kostas (if well)
Hendo
Keita
Jones/Elliot
Taki
Origi
Jota (for form)

Why would we want to rest players for an FA Cup Quarter Final so they can be fresh for their country? Crazy logic. Play them on Sunday and a few who have friendlies can come down with minor knocks and miss the internationals.

Rotation is fine and some like Kelleher, Gomez, Kounate, Minamino should start to keep them in the groove but don't blow this chance of making the semis

I hadn't thought about this game at all but Sunday at six o'clock is a good time for a pointless game of shite. Can have a relatively sophisticated weekend getting bollocksed on mushrooms and drinking heavily in bus stops, then start to wind it all in at a respectable hour to watch the football.

Millie and Tsimi have been ill so can see them being on the bench rather than starting.

Alisson

Go Joemez, Ibou, VVD, Robbo

Hendo, Thiago, Curtis

Taki, Bobby, Div

With Harvey, Mo,and Diogo to get some minutes.

Why would we want to rest players for an FA Cup Quarter Final so they can be fresh for their country? Crazy logic. Play them on Sunday and a few who have friendlies can come down with minor knocks and miss the internationals.

Rotation is fine and some like Kelleher, Gomez, Kounate, Minamino should start to keep them in the groove but don't blow this chance of making the semis

Salah and Mane have world cup qualifiers and they play each other. If the AFCON is any indication, it is going to be two very intense games. Jota will also be in two world cup playoffs and most likely face Italy in the second game.

Giving them a break on Sunday might help reduce the intensity for them over the next two weeks. We want them as fresh as possible for the run-in post this break.

Yup it would be a real pity if Salah and Mane were to pick up a knock now that could keep them out of the qualifiers next week.

Salah and Mane have world cup qualifiers and they play each other. If the AFCON is any indication, it is going to be two very intense games. Jota will also be in two world cup playoffs and most likely face Italy in the second game.

Giving them a break on Sunday might help reduce the intensity for them over the next two weeks. We want them as fresh as possible for the run-in post this break.

In all seriousness, agree with this. Anyway, cup time is Taki time

I'd rather the boys get a rest before internationals to try and stop getting overworked.
They almost all have 5-7 days before their first international game. So a couple of days traveling / resting and then 3-5 days of normal training.

I see the two games in a few days after that, followed by their trips home with just 1-2 days before the Watford game as far more of an issue, for us, resting them on their return than them being over-worked prior to their national games.

I would be very surprised if Klopp's thinking is any different. I expect to see a very strong team with just a few changes as you suggested.

Yeah, think we need to rotate heavily for this one. The PL and CL are back to being the priority.

------------------------------Kelleher-----------------------------
--Gomez------Konate----------------VVD------------Tsimikas----
---------------------------Hendo/Milner-----------------------------------
----------------Elliott----------------------Jones
-----Chamberlain--------Firmino------------Taki-----------

I'm with Squiggles & Fabio here. Whilst on paper it is easy to say 'don't rest them before internationals' - we know all of our players will get used heavily so this is in our control to give overworked ones some downtime.
Exactly, it's not being fresh for the country, it's so we don't burn them out

What's better? Playing 3 games or 2?

Damn - hopefully means he misses internationals and gets a proper rest. Essential he's back for the City game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom