• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer Rumours 21/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the way bluebells last umpteen posts have all been the same shit said slightly differently, but just to drive the point he home he stuck two together exactly the same.

It's like when you get cornered next to some drunk idiot at a party and all they want to do is the say the same bollocks over and over. The reason it isn't being acknowledged isn't because you need to repeat it, it's because enough already

Yep, shut up talking about the age of African players, or ones who you think look like they're African would you please @bluebell, the last two pages made for some cringe reading.

Yep, shut up talking about the age of African players, or ones who you think look like they're African would you please @bluebell, the last two pages made for some cringe reading.
[article]
'Next Mesut Özil wanted'
Liverpool are chasing 17-year-old Fenerbahçe playmaker Arda Güler according to reports in Turkey, with Arsenal also in the race to sign the £25m-rated wonderkid.
Güler scored three and assisted three last season for Fenerbahçe's first team, in a campaign where he only started two games. The talented number 10, who has been compared to Mesut Özil, also impressed in the Europa Conference League.
Listen to "Blood Red Reaction Special: Mohamed Salah signs contract at Liverpool until 2025".
Having just signed Fábio Carvalho, it seems unlikely Liverpool would splash £25m on another young attacking midfielder, but the teenager certainty appears to be a player who will be worth keeping an eye on in the coming seasons.
[/article]

Last edited:
[article]
'Next Mesut Özil wanted'
Liverpool are chasing 17-year-old Fenerbahçe playmaker Arda Güler according to reports in Turkey, with Arsenal also in the race to sign the £25m-rated wonderkid.
Güler scored three and assisted three last season for Fenerbahçe's first team, in a campaign where he only started two games. The talented number 10, who has been compared to Mesut Özil, also impressed in the Europa Conference League.
Listen to "Blood Red Reaction Special: Mohamed Salah signs contract at Liverpool until 2025".
Having just signed Fábio Carvalho, it seems unlikely Liverpool would splash £25m on another young attacking midfielder, but the teenager certainty appears to be a player who will be worth keeping an eye on in the coming seasons.
[/article]

Does he have the same agent as Arda Turan? We were linked to him every transfer window for the best part of 10 years. Maybe the agent is trying to drum up interest for the next generation.

[article]
According to Voetbal International, the Reds have held talks with Gakpo’s representatives over a possible move for the winger.

Gapo’s agent has also apparently held talks with Arsenal and Manchester City with a view to a possible move, while Leeds United are also said to have joined the race.

The report goes on to say that PSV would want £34m before they consider selling Gakpo.

[/article]

Not sure if it's already been said, but I saw a mad tweet today saying Fekir to Liverpool was back on...maybe our inhalers fix knees now?

I like the way bluebells last umpteen posts have all been the same shit said slightly differently, but just to drive the point he home he stuck two together exactly the same.

It's like when you get cornered next to some drunk idiot at a party and all they want to do is the say the same bollocks over and over. The reason it isn't being acknowledged isn't because you need to repeat it, it's because enough already
Fucking hell! How many times are you going to make me apologize?

[article]
According to Voetbal International, the Reds have held talks with Gakpo’s representatives over a possible move for the winger.

Gapo’s agent has also apparently held talks with Arsenal and Manchester City with a view to a possible move, while Leeds United are also said to have joined the race.

The report goes on to say that PSV would want £34m before they consider selling Gakpo.

[/article]
So we're after both Gakpo AND Gapo? Our front line line will be as strong as when we had Raheem and Sterling patrolling the wings

The 'all African players are much older than they claim to be' trope is becoming extremely tiresome.

Yup, it really leaves a bad taste. Sure, there are some remote villages that don't have accurate birth certificates, but the majority of Africans under 30 have perfectly correct and verifiable DOB's.

I was on the verge of saying something about this yesterday but decided to let it go. It's more than casual racism in my opinion.

Bluebells gone very OTT with this, but I don't think it's racism, especially with a series of relatively high profile cases. But i suppose it's happened in south america too, just less common

Next we won't be able to joke about Argentinians being 2 footed

Bluebells gone very OTT with this, but I don't think it's racism, especially with a series of relatively high profile cases. But i suppose it's happened in south america too, just less common

Next we won't be able to joke about Argentinians being 2 footed
I know this is tongue in cheek, Fabs, but those two situation aren't even remotely comparable.

Constantly joking about how every black African player is older than they claim to be is unquestionably verging into racism. The insinuation is that the individual is dishonest and/or that the country they came from is incapable of record-keeping. It's insulting and demeaning. Africa is a vast and varied continent and while there may have been a handful of high-profile age fraud cases in the past, using those to define every black African player is a very obvious example of bigotry.

I'm sure I've made the joke in the past. Probably more when the Lazio players age said 17. But probably again too casually which as you say, isn't acceptable.

I'll refrain from making a comment, UNLESS someone doesn't actually look their age e.g. Sangare. Doesn't matter the ethnicity/country of birth. If someone looks older or younger - I'll make a comment.

I know this is tongue in cheek, Fabs, but those two situation aren't even remotely comparable.

Constantly joking about how every black African player is older than they claim to be is unquestionably verging into racism. The insinuation is that the individual is dishonest and/or that the country they came from is incapable of record-keeping. It's insulting and demeaning. Africa is a vast and varied continent and while there may have been a handful of high-profile age fraud cases in the past, using those to define every black African player is a very obvious example of bigotry.

I said bluebell went OTT, and tnh is skirting the finest of lines from casual racism to outright full on racist chat.

I don't think everyone uses it every instance there's a black player of african descent. Like Nomad said, using it when someone clearly looks older than they are, i don't think it's racist to throw in the age comment. If Harry Kane and his speech impediment is fair game to call him a mong, i don't see a problem calling sangare out for looking in his 30s.

I wouldn't have thought there is any real genuine intent to be racist on bluebell's part. The whole African player / age comment is a fairly long running thing on 6CM and elsewhere.

The problem with bluebell co-opting it is that he's repetitive and unfunny so it comes across quite badly. Woland kinda nailed it a couple pages ago.

Calling Kane a mong is horrid.

Yet it happens with less outcry.

Personally, I limit my insults to "cunt" or something that they've actively said or done. In the case of Kane, I'd say he was a "look at me" cunt who would sacrifice his own daughter for a goal.

It's really not that big a deal. Just a bit casually racist. All that really means is leaning into stereotypes a bit much.

Everyone does it from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom