• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Will Newcastle buy anyone off us?

Prefix for Poll Threads

Who will they steal?

• Nobody - fuck the barcode oil merchants

Votes: 22 68.8%
  • Salah

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Mane

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Firmino

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Robertson

• TAA

• Allison

• Virgil

• Klopp

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the takeover even complete or is it still subject to this that and the other?

Can't say I'm worried about them in the slightest.

Wijnaldum is most likely, as he used to play for them and is out of contract soon.

Lovren, Lallana & Shaqiri for £100m.

Throw in an Andy Carroll photo for free - it be worth more than Andy Carroll himself.

If they want to spend another £70m - they can have Origi.

Id say Origi or Lovren the most likely, maybe Keita or Ox. A step above anything they have got currently but probably never going to be first teamers here.

I don’t know if they offer us and the player stupid money it will be hard for both to turn down.

I don’t know if they offer us and the player stupid money it will be hard for both to turn down.

Have you missed the last 5 years of hardwork, dragging us from the doldrums where we are now able to keep hold of players on the actual merit of the club and manager, rather than because we've got more money than anyone else? We no longer have to see off the advances of City, Chelsea or United when they come knocking for players, so why should it be any different with a historyless club that will take a few years to build something?

They're not Barcelona. And if history has repeatedly taught us anything, it's that in recent years it's fairly hit and miss whether a player goes on to greater success, many have left here and failed, many have left here just before we've won something major.

If they're the new chelski/psg/cheaty then they have to surely go after a big name mercenary scumbag first, that's a bit shit but a big name on big wages. Someone like Sterling.
I wonder what Saudi company that they'll got sponsored by first for 'market rate', like a billion a season from the al shabab kebab shop.

Lovren, Lallana & Shaqiri for £100m.

Throw in an Andy Carroll photo for free - it be worth more than Andy Carroll himself.

If they want to spend another £70m - they can have Origi.

Even if they gave us £50m for all three, I would bit their hand off :rolleyes:

Origi another£20m :)

Throw in the Ox, and Clyne and call it a cool £100m :D

Last edited:
Have you missed the last 5 years of hardwork, dragging us from the doldrums where we are now able to keep hold of players on the actual merit of the club and manager, rather than because we've got more money than anyone else? We no longer have to see off the advances of City, Chelsea or United when they come knocking for players, so why should it be any different with a historyless club that will take a few years to build something?

They're not Barcelona. And if history has repeatedly taught us anything, it's that in recent years it's fairly hit and miss whether a player goes on to greater success, many have left here and failed, many have left here just before we've won something major.

I’m not saying we should, I’m a posing the question as to will they try?

The difference here being they have more money than every other football team in world football combined.

I won’t be surprised if it skews the transfer landscape and we have more of the worlds best players than any other team in world football at the moment.

Also regardless of what comes next it’s a bit silly saying Newcastle are historyless.

They are the 9th most successful club in English history.

They’ve won four league titles, 6 FA Cups, and a European trophy.

They will be able to spend at the top of the market but they wont be able to acquire the top players consistently right away. Look back at City's rise and the overspends they made to build their squad, most of whom were overpaid flops. But it was a necessary stage to start to improve their squad. Jo, Elano, Santa Cruz, Robinho, etc.

Newcastle can offer wages and likely eventually a trophy-competing squad but they dont have the city location or weather that London clubs or Spanish ones do.

If they're the new chelski/psg/cheaty then they have to surely go after a big name mercenary scumbag first, that's a bit shit but a big name on big wages. Someone like Sterling.
I wonder what Saudi company that they'll got sponsored by first for 'market rate', like a billion a season from the al shabab kebab shop.

Of course they will want top tier players but without a world class manager and CL football most of them wont be interested. The exceptions would be those who will be looking for one last lucrative contract like a Suarez/Modric or players who have fallen out of favour at big clubs like Martial.

In reality they will have to buy an entirely new squad over 2 or 3 seasons, that means overpaying for players who are better than their current team but still not good enough for the elite sides. I could easily see them taking a couple of our second string players.

Champions League is vital to get top players. Even De Bruyne has made a comment about his future if the 2 year ban is upheld.

Saudi Aramco.

Bare in mind they won’t be able to spend the way City did, as FFP wasn’t in place when they started with oil money.

I'm not sure Sterling would go to Newcastle. Or even someone like him.

Man City was a different situation, and he was smart moving there when he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom