• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

World Cup Day 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oncy

Look up to the sky and there I be
Honorary Member
After a funny day today with no real standout games or performers, tomorrow we see two of the three pre-tournament favourites start:

Costa Rica vs Serbia 1pm

Germany vs Mexico 4pm

Brazil vs Switzerland 7pm

From everything I have seen so far I think tomorrow we will see the winners.
France and Argentina looked bang average, portugal and spain looked defensively weak.

Excited for tomorrow.

After a funny day today with no real standout games or performers, tomorrow we see two of the three pre-tournament favourites start:

Costa Rica vs Serbia 1pm

Germany vs Mexico 4pm

France and Argentina looked bang average, portugal and spain looked defensively weak.

Excited for tomorrow.
I think its safe to say FIFA want Brazil to win this time. Its been 3 world cups since a non euopean team have won.

Not really. If they wanted to do that it would’ve happened in Brazil.
No it would not ... no point in that as Neymar was fucked and so the used their other mascot boy Messi. Also it was only 3 world cups by then and too much if it becomes 4 in a row for Europe thats why they got to do something.

No it would not ... no point in that as Neymar was fucked and so the used their other mascot boy Messi. Also it was only 3 world cups by then and too much if it becomes 4 in a row for Europe thats why they got to do something.
Messi didnt win the world cup you mad fucker

It's been one shite boring world cup for me so far. Most matches played like nothing more than a glorified summer friendly tourney.

If Brazil and Germany don't liven it up, it won't.

It's been one shite boring world cup for me so far. Most matches played like nothing more than a glorified summer friendly tourney.

WTF? Iran with a last minute winner against Morocco? Australia running France to the wire? Spain v Portugal in perhaps the greatest WC group match ever?

Costa Rica vs Serbia 1pm

Germany vs Mexico 4pm

Excited for tomorrow.

I wouldnt right off Spain that easily, they conceded to a penalty, a freak goalkeeping error, and a world class free kick. They bossed that game and should have won by a couple of goals.

Spains problems will be strikers, took off Costa and brought on aspas! As ever they have some amazing players loading the guns, but right now, not enough pulling the trigger.

If Brazil show some steel at the back, they will be right there. Not sure Switzerland will be a true guide though yet. Maybe shaqari to blow them away

You are utterly mental.

IF they wanted to fix a competition involving a mascot boy it would’ve been then as Argentina actually got to the final.

Spains problems will be strikers, took off Costa and brought on aspas! As ever they have some amazing players loading the guns, but right now, not enough pulling the trigger.

If Brazil show some steel at the back, they will be right there. Not sure Switzerland will be a true guide though yet. Maybe shaqari to blow them away

Is this Brazil defence not just the same one that got eviscerated by Germany last time but 4 years older

Costa Rica vs Serbia 1pm

Germany vs Mexico 4pm

Excited for tomorrow.
How many WCs have the winners looked average through the groups or even longer? Germany & Italy had it down to an art.

I've quite enjoyed it! Yesterday I watched the Iceland and Peru games and managed to sleep through 89 mins of Croatia. Forgotten what the first game was already. Oh Australia... That was OK too.

Because it's every 4 years, we all forget generally how boring the group games are. One defeat and you are as good as out, so it's cagey as fuck. Foxy has called this already.
It only ever opens up in the knockout rounds, or the final group game where there is a big reward in a key game

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Because it's every 4 years, we all forget generally how boring the group games are. One defeat and you are as good as out, so it's cagey as fuck. Foxy has called this already.
It only ever opens up in the knockout rounds, or the final group game where there is a big reward in a key game

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I dunno, sometimes the group matches do produce decent games.

Although, the knockout rounds have the added tension of the loser getting kicked out so that cranks up the excitement by an order of magnitude.

There were 21 shots on goal in the Denmark game
24 in the Argentina game
17 in the croatia game
Only the France game was lower than expected.

You would think it was 0-0 all round with 2 shots on goal each the way yous are going.
All teams except Australia have at least had a go.
Peru took it to Denmark. That was ace.

There were 21 shots on goal in the Denmark game
24 in the Argentina game
17 in the croatia game
Only the France game was lower than expected.

You would think it was 0-0 all round with 2 shots on goal each the way yous are going.
All teams except Australia have at least had a go.
Peru took it to Denmark. That was ace.
But the French game was still ace because Iceland held out and got a point (and at one stage looked they they might get more than that) !

Brain clearly sleep deprived.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom