• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Crystal Palace vs Liverpool (A) 3pm Sat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreambeliever

From Doubter to Believer (to doubter again)
Tough place to go regardless of Palace’s form.

Surely the same 11 start after such a huge win and performance against City.

Only potential changes are Keita or Ox

Win this game and then sit back and hope Chelsea beat Man City

Depends who plays when during the internationals, the ones coming back/flying later could see the bench.

This will be an extremely tough game, and is one in my own mind where we could lose - because they (Palace) desperately need the win and many of our players are coming back from international duty so you don't know who will be fit and how tired they will be. I just hope Palace have a load of players coming back from international duty.

Palace have one of those players in the league - Zaha - who is a difference maker of high quality, could cause us serious problems, we really need to play a controlled game and win the midfield battle in this one. Again it's a game we are going to be expected to win and we HAVE to win - otherwise today's win means fuck all. Right now, looking at both Leicester and Chelsea, they don't look like they will lose either - so even if we take City out of the equation I think those two could cause us problems.

This will be an extremely tough game, and is one in my own mind where we could lose - because they (Palace) desperately need the win and many of our players are coming back from international duty so you don't know who will be fit and how tired they will be. I just hope Palace have a load of players coming back from international duty.

Palace have one of those players in the league - Zaha - who is a difference maker of high quality, could cause us serious problems, we really need to play a controlled game and win the midfield battle in this one. Again it's a game we are going to be expected to win and we HAVE to win - otherwise today's win means fuck all. Right now, looking at both Leicester and Chelsea, they don't look like they will lose either - so even if we take City out of the equation I think those two could cause us problems.

Bollocks. Why do some people here have to think every game is going to be a tough game, never mind extremely tough ? Are you Hal in disguise ?

In Palace's last 8 games they have : lost 4-0 to Spurs, Lost 2-0 to Leicester, Lost 2-0 to Chelsea and lost 2-0 to City. They have only been taking points off teams below or around them (1-1 Wolves, 2-2 Arsenal, 2-0 Norwich and 2-1 West Ham). Let's just say it as is is - this should be a regulation win and dare I say it a clean sheet. 0-2 or 0-3 perhaps.

Couldn’t agree more. We’ve just battered city 3-1, are miles away at the top of the league after playing many a tough fixture and we’ve just been crowned champions of Europe (again) after narrowly missing out on the league a few months ago. Sure, there will be some tough and nervy fixtures, but this surely shouldn’t be one of them.

We aint losing to Palace, they're shit.

They struggle to score goals and Zaha is waaaaaay off form.

So happy we didn’t go for Zaha. Massively overrated (except when playing Milner)

The biggest concern would be making sure we're at the races mentally. A win like yesterday will have had an impact, and it will be difficult, even for our mentality giants to make sure they are 100% on it, up for it and focused.

Palace have a better record against the bigger teams away from home, where they can play completely on the break. I think we'll be fine.

We aint losing to Palace, they're shit.

They struggle to score goals and Zaha is waaaaaay off form.

We're a completely different team on the road. We've been getting plenty of points but a lot of those games have been nervy.

I'm nervous any away game these days. Eventually we won't get that injury time winner and drop points.

Home, I have no worries.

Just a thought, Fabs might have to get a yellow in this game.
We play Brighton at home after Palace and then it's the derby at home again.
So I'd rather he miss the Brighton game and be ready for Everton.

Bollocks. Why do some people here have to think every game is going to be a tough game, never mind extremely tough ? Are you Hal in disguise ?

In Palace's last 8 games they have : lost 4-0 to Spurs, Lost 2-0 to Leicester, Lost 2-0 to Chelsea and lost 2-0 to City. They have only been taking points off teams below or around them (1-1 Wolves, 2-2 Arsenal, 2-0 Norwich and 2-1 West Ham). Let's just say it as is is - this should be a regulation win and dare I say it a clean sheet. 0-2 or 0-3 perhaps.

Simple logic Frogfish - some teams are just better at beating other teams, I never thought the game the other night would be hard, I was super-confident we would beat them compared to 99% of the people on this forum. I actually think we look a bit weak after international breaks, and don't play that well, further I think our history of going onto to do well in the next game after a big win like yesterday is rather shit - especially when we have to face specific teams. Palace will be desperate for a win, I am hoping our players will be 100% up for the next game because they will need to be.

Tough place to go regardless of Palace’s form.

Surely the same 11 start after such a huge win and performance against City.

Only potential changes are Keita or Ox

Win this game and then sit back and hope Chelsea beat Man City

Not sure what I would Like better, City losing, Or the draw...(Chelsea looking to creep up on the rails) Beginning to look like a decent outfit, and seem to not be missing Eden Hazard at all

Not sure what I would Like better, City losing, Or the draw...(Chelsea looking to creep up on the rails) Beginning to look like a decent outfit, and seem to not be missing Eden Hazard at all

Chelsea look fine at the minute, but over a long season City are far superior to them. Any point Chelsea can take in that game is beneficial for us

Chelsea look fine at the minute, but over a long season City are far superior to them. Any point Chelsea can take in that game is beneficial for us

City may have the superior team but the momentum is with Chelsea at present, and should they have the transfer band lifted for the January window....Well who is to say that they won't be the ones pushing us all the way to the wire

It won't be this season, but give it a couple, or maybe even next and that Chelsea team will be a real threat.

City may have the superior team but the momentum is with Chelsea at present, and should they have the transfer band lifted for the January window....Well who is to say that they won't be the ones pushing us all the way to the wire

Zero chance of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom