• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Man U (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the whole “they will be up for this” thing, but I think we will be too. We’re flying high at the top of the league, 15 points ahead of them, and they’re in the doldrums. We can swallow a defeat there and still be well clear. If they lose to us at their ground with the run of results they’re on already, it could be disastrous. The pressure is more on them than on us. I can see them being cagey, nervy and negative. We will win this.
I get the whole “anything can happen in a derby malarkey” but we’re so far ahead of them, I just can’t see anything other than a win for us.

If we’re serious about winning trophies, we really need to be dispatching mid-table no-hopers like this with minimal fuss.

Has everybody forgotten the Sheffield Utd game already? I think this will be a repeat of that, and Im not joking. They will stay compact and sit back looking to hit a first time diagonal ball over Trent into the space at every opportunity. Their midfield is garbage and so is thier central defence but they do have quick dangerous attackers. If we dont score inside the first 30 mins this will be a slog, if we score early we could open them up.

Has everybody forgotten the Sheffield Utd game already? I think this will be a repeat of that, and Im not joking. They will stay compact and sit back looking to hit a first time diagonal ball over Trent into the space at every opportunity. Their midfield is garbage and so is thier central defence but they do have quick dangerous attackers. If we dont score inside the first 30 mins this will be a slog, if we score early we could open them up.

You don't need to remind about the Sheff Utd game. They will more probably be aspired by their latest shows against us directed by Mourinho the Genious one. Sit deep, close all spaces, glue Young to the Salah feet and make sure he doesn't have any room to use his pace. But of course it is nice to see a proper Sheff Utd comparison to Man U. However, I haven't seen the fight the Sheff Utd players prided themselves with inside one single of the Man U players for quite a long time.

Redcafe is such a joy to read atm. Threads about how they should have hired Klopp, signed VD, Ole should be sacked, DeGea getting injured etc.
Enjoy the moment, I say.

The only thing that Ole knows how to coach is the counter-attacking game. That opening day 4:0 demolition of Chelsea was an example of a best-case scenario for that strategy: an attack-minded opponent who didn't convert their chances and was too open and naive in defense. The problem for United is that the rest of the league quickly realized that if you deprive them of an opportunity to counter-attack, they can't hurt you because they don't know what to do with the ball. You can't survive in this league with just one card up your sleeve.

I'm sure Klopp won't repeat Chelsea's mistakes; we will allow United to have the ball for periods of the game and pick our moments to counter-press. We will not fight for possession for its own sake but instead try to attack with maximum speed and directness at every opportunity. I'd like to see the same midfield that started the Leicester game: Milner playing in a more defensive role next to Fabinho and Gini allowed to attack with more freedom on the right side of the midfield. This will take advantage of Milner being far fresher than Hendo who played 180 minutes for England and also hopefully offer an attacking upgrade in both positions. Milner also did a good job against Foxes at covering for Fabinho when he sprung forward to press for the ball (and occasionally missed).

A big decision for Klopp will be Alisson vs Adrian – do you go with a better GK who is short of rhythm or a deputy in a good run of form? I don't think either decision would be wrong, but suspect it's going to be Alli in the end.

4-3-3:
-------------------Alisson------------------
----------Matip---------Van Dijk---------
Trent-----------Fabinho---------Robbo
--------Gini--------------Milner-----------
Salah---------Firmino------------Mane

Subs: Adrian, Gomez, Lovren, Henderson, Keita, Ox, Origi

Paul Pogba remains a doubt for Manchester United's Premier League visit of Liverpool this weekend.
The MEN understands Pogba has still not returned to the club's Carrington training complex, having spent over a week in Dubai during the international break for some warm weather training.
Pogba, 26, has missed four of United's last seven games with an ankle injury and flew to Dubai with a protective boot on, and United sources are pessimistic about the possibility of him recovering for the Liverpool game on Sunday.

David de Gea was also absent as United players reported for training on Wednesday after he suffered a muscular injury in Spain's 1-1 Euro qualifying draw with Sweden on Tuesday night. De Gea was withdrawn on the hour mark and Spain coach Roberto Moreno confirmed he 'had pain in the abductor muscle'. De Gea received treatment at half-time yet re-emerged for the second-half and lasted 15 minutes.

United are hopeful Anthony Martial will be fit to start for the first time since he suffered a thigh injury in the 2-1 defeat to Crystal Palace on August 24. Martial scored two in three starts in August and could return to the centre forward role against the club whom he made a goalscoring debut against.
Full-backs Aaron Wan-Bissaka (tonsillitis) and Luke Shaw (hamstring) could also be available but Jesse Lingard is also a doubt with a hamstring strain. Long-term absentee Eric Bailly (knee) is still sidelined.

Victor Lindelof came through Sweden's draw with Spain unscathed and is due to return to Carrington on Thursday and Marcus Rashford and Harry Maguire have resumed training after international duty with England.

[article]Former Manchester United assistant boss Steve McClaren insists Paul Pogba would walk into the Liverpool team.

McClaren has spoken in depth about Pogba's qualities and how the United midfielder would easily get into the Liverpool side - amid controversial talk of combined XIs.

Speaking on Sky Sports News, he said: “Pogba gets in for me. Pogba on his day is one of the best midfielders in the world, he's creative and do anything with the ball.

“He's got that right attitude, could play in that Liverpool team and certainly a great Manchester United team."[/article]

He definitely does not have that right attitude, but if he played to his potential he probably would make the combined 11. On form though, not a hope. I wouldn't have Maguire over Matip either

The Pogba that played for Deschamps definitely gets in the team over Hendo. But the one that plays for United.... he's not worth it due to the inconsistency.

Just saw a stat saying Klopps Liverpool have scored 4 or more goals 43 times during the 221 games he has been in charge. That is amazing. Should be 44 after the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom