• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Man U (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worry for me is the lack of worry. This is a team who will be pushed on by a loud crowd. Yes, in this game they are, it is their biggest game of the season, and they'll give it loads. If we dominate and get a goal, that will change, but they are bound to keep it tight. We remain vulnerable in the area they have their greatest strength- Rashford/ James on the left. Of course, this is not a Utd team that strikes fear, and I'm not afraid of them, just the fixture.

The worry for me is the lack of worry. This is a team who will be pushed on by a loud crowd. Yes, in this game they are, it is their biggest game of the season, and they'll give it loads. If we dominate and get a goal, that will change, but they are bound to keep it tight. We remain vulnerable in the area they have their greatest strength- Rashford/ James on the left. Of course, this is not a Utd team that strikes fear, and I'm not afraid of them, just the fixture.

That's just like when women are not scared of the rod, Just the head?

Dunno mate, I can see that usually loud crowd being a very nervy one. They have a dodgy defence and a back up keeper. Pogba missing again means we should run the middle. Yes, direct balls to Rashford et al may be an issue, but, as it’s possibly their only real hope of hurting us, we will know how to work around it. They, on the other hand, have a myriad of problems to worry about.
Klopp knew Leicester would do the same kind of thing with Vardy, so we sat deeper. I’m sure he’ll have us well enough prepared.

the problem is they're still a group of top international footballers that are down on confidence and underachieving, if there's one match they'll be up for it'll be this.

I don't remember what match it was but recently enough we faced a disjointed injury hit United side and from what I recall they very much gave us a game. It was probably Mourinho inspired though.

Hope for a managerial replacement level thumping but fear the post international hangover combined with a jammy United win.

If De Gea is out that's a big miss, I feel like he often has a hand in disappointing results against them.

Every single player of ours is better in a matchup. Class will tell in the end.

the problem is they're still a group of top international footballers that are down on confidence and underachieving, if there's one match they'll be up for it'll be this.

Are you sure you are thinking of THIS United team ? I think it was Roy Keane who recently said that most of that team are nowhere near the standard that a United player should be at. He wasn't wrong.

There is huge number of Man U fans who are hoping their team is thrashed on Sunday, as it would mean the inevitable exit of Old. Know how they feel, when Roy was here I felt the same ( apart from the game against Man U)

I don't remember what match it was but recently enough we faced a disjointed injury hit United side and from what I recall they very much gave us a game. It was probably Mourinho inspired though.

Hope for a managerial replacement level thumping but fear the post international hangover combined with a jammy United win.

If De Gea is out that's a big miss, I feel like he often has a hand in disappointing results against them.

I feel like this is more like 13/14 when we went there and belted them. The gulf is too big if we apply ourselves and don’t play with fear or arrogance.

This is the Utd team according to MEN. Although Romero is expected to start instead of De Gea.
Clearly a defensive set up and a plan to hit us on the counter with pace upfront.

De Gea, Wan-Bissaka, Lindeløf, Maguire, Shaw; Tuanzebe, McTominay, Lingard; Rashford, Martial, James

This is the Utd team according to MEN. Although Romero is expected to start instead of De Gea.
Clearly a defensive set up and a plan to hit us on the counter with pace upfront.

De Gea, Wan-Bissaka, Lindeløf, Maguire, Shaw; Tuanzebe, McTominay, Lingard; Rashford, Martial, James

If true it seems like a 5-2-3 of some sort.

Firstly , which MEN?
Secondly, I'd imagine Matic being a shoe-in for this type of game.

Firstly , which MEN?
Secondly, I'd imagine Matic being a shoe-in for this type of game.

Matic has been crap for them, and I dont think OGS have used him that much lately. Read somewhere that Conte wants to sign him to Inter.

Thanks for clarifying the actual. Would have been super difficult to decipher the meaning otherwise.

Well done on not bagging Pogba or talking about how we are going to lose in a post ;)

I didn't want you to misconstrue it as a flippant insult - I think you're actually retarded.

Well done on not shoe-horning in a dig at Keita.

I'm not surprised you're getting defensive over Pogba, given you're a Manc and all.

Have a word with yourself. You're getting your back up over a Liverpool fan occasionally slagging off a Man United player, while you in turn are constantly digging out a Liverpool player. Pack it in.

He's played so well for them as CB and now he's DM?
Has he played that before?

Their front 3 is really pacey.

I've got no idea. But I'm guessing he's being moved as Lindelof and Maguire will be the CBs.

Their front 3 is set up to hit us on the break alright. Will be a test in regards to how we control the game.

De Gea has had a dip in form. But he is still capable of closing the goal. He had some really good saves against Sweden midweek before the injury. The other one is more arm and legs uncontrolled around his area.

Teh bold part should maybe be "lacks a hand"?

Yup, that looks about right; Ole-ball in a nutshell – plucky Cardiff with better players. The way to counteract this is to close off the option of runs in behind by using a combination of the offside trap and proactive goalkeeping (which is another reason why Alisson will probably start) and then let them slowly pass the ball around in areas where they can't hurt us, picking our moments to counterpress, win the ball and attack at pace.

Pogba will be a big miss for them. He is the one player with the quality to find the right pass to spring up a counter. McTominay, Tuanzebe and Lingard don't provide quite the same threat.

Last edited:
Will OGS in this situation dare having a go at us and open up at the back? They have probably noticed that teams score more at us this season, but with their shaky defence it can be nasty.

Given that is the line up (bar De Gea) I can see it being a 5-4-1. We have seen it before at Old Trafford. They come out with what seem to be an attacking line up, but there you have the Rooneys, Martials , Rashfords or even Pogbas covering their left back position to avoid us any space.

If they start with Tuanzebe, McTominay, Lingard in midfield, we're going run over them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom