• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v Bayern Munich pre match chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
We get 60 odd percent possession against very shit teams. We’re now facing Bayern Munich. That’s fanciful thinking.

Anyway, despite the jest, we had more than 50% against PSG at home. So it’s not really too far fetched to expect more against Bayern.

Anyway, despite the jest, we had more than 50% against PSG at home. So it’s not really too far fetched to expect more against Bayern.
If they have 40% possession, they’d still have the ball for over 40 minutes coming at our defence minus VVD and probably with only one true CB, and an emergency right back.
The midfielders will have to fight for their lives helping out the defence.

If they have 40% possession, they’d still have the ball for over 40 minutes coming at our defence minus VVD and probably with only one true CB, and an emergency right back.
The midfielders will have to fight for their lives helping out the defence.

A normal game is around 90 mins. And efficient gametime in such game is never more than 75 mins. And if 40% of their possesion is having the ball on their own half you have nowhere near mins left for attacking us. 10-12 mins of attacking us is more like it.

A normal game is around 90 mins. And efficient gametime in such game is never more than 75 mins. And if 40% of their possesion is having the ball on their own half you have nowhere near mins left for attacking us. 10-12 mins of attacking us is more like it.
Stop being anal!

What has anus got to do with your completely lack of mathematic understanding?
When you watch a game we're level in and see in the last minute of normal time that 5 minutes have been added, do you say 'come on lads, you've got 1:20 realistic minutes to score a winner!' or do you consider 5 minutes extra added time as 5 minutes like normal people do?

When you watch a game we're level in and see in the last minute of normal time that 5 minutes have been added, do you say 'come on lads, you've got 1:20 realistic minutes to score a winner!' or do you consider 5 minutes extra added time as 5 minutes like normal people do?

When I watched Newcastle - ManCity I thought "You can add another 24 hours without any more goals". Every game lives its own life, but 40% ball possesions doesn't give you over 40 minutes attacking no matter what.

10-12min of attacking would be disastrous, no matter who we had in defence.

Wouldn't that suggest he's not 100%? ie iffy?
Is everyone on their period today?
Yeah - you got me, its rag week

BTW - I think him not starting at the weekend was more to do with lack of match fitness. If he still had a dodgy ankle I don't think he would have been on the bench. But I may be wrong as most of my orifices are bunged up with Dr Whites.

Then again - this article -https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/337996-gallery-rehab-work-continues-for-reds-in-marbella - talks about players (including Shaq) in rehabilitation in Spain, and does not mention Trent. I'm pretty sure he's fine

I think so too, but man – has he ever played there? CL elimination tie against Bayern is a hell of a game to be making your debut...

Nope but he reads the game well. Is good with the ball at his feet facing forward and is a good communicator.

Added bonus we can have Fabs protecting him in front

Let’s just play we’ll score more than you. We haven’t done that in ages.
I suspect that's exactly what will happen.

A slightly more refined & slightly better defensive version of it may well appear against Utd too.

I think Klopp will be tempted to make this match as mental & frenetic as possible to reduce our disadvantages at the back, for me Keita is all but guaranteed to start this match, if he also starts against Utd I think hell be trying to do the exact same thing there, but more to expose their weakness (defence), than to protect ours.

Augsburg-Bayern 2:2 at half-time. Neuer and their first-choice back 4 are playing, but some of the defending from Bayern was awful, including conceding an own goal after 15 seconds (!!).

Here are the highlights from the full match. Bayern won 3-2. By far they attack most from the wings, with Gnabry and Coman, Lewandowski was awful, long may it continue. Very susceptible to the cutback, both goals they conceded were in that manner - pity we don't do that anywhere near enough as I've mentioned recently.

Here are the highlights from the full match. Bayern won 3-2. By far they attack most from the wings, with Gnabry and Coman, Lewandowski was awful, long may it continue. Very susceptible to the cutback, both goals they conceded were in that manner - pity we don't do that anywhere near enough as I've mentioned recently.

Judging by the latest training videos from Marbella, we’ve been practicing cutbacks all week.

As I mentioned above, Bayern like to attack from the wings and Coman was their main protagonist vs. Augsburg so IF he is out that's a major positive for us.

Niko Kovac admits he is concerned about Bayern Munich's defensive problems ahead of their Champions League showdown with Liverpool.
The German champions, who lost winger Kingsley Coman to an ankle injury , warmed up for Tuesday's last 16 first leg at Anfield with an unconvincing 3-2 victory over Augsburg on Friday night.

Kovac fielded what was expected to be his starting line up at Anfield, but he may be forced into a reshuffle after Coman limped off late on.
The France international left the WWK Arena with his left ankle heavily strapped. Franck Ribery is the most likely to fill the void.
“It looks like another tendon injury,” Kovac said.

“According to the doctors, it does not look so good. It is disappointing because with him in the side we have a different dynamic. We will find out more when we get the scan results on Saturday.”
The news coming out of Munich was more positive this morning, after a scan eased concerns about ligament damage.

Robben:

[article]If you ask the worst stadium for me, it’s probably Liverpool.

You always have your favourite opponent and there always has to be a negative one.

The atmosphere at Anfield is probably one of the best you can imagine in Europe. It’s always like a big boost to them [Liverpool]. But we’re used to playing in big stadiums, so we just have to focus on ourselves.[/article]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom