• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v Bayern Munich pre match chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming Fabinho plays at CB, that means three of four to get the midfield slot, considering Klopp said Keita was the first name on the teamsheet for Bournemouth, & his previous experience in Germany, I'd assume it's almost guaranteed he plays, so that leaves two from Hendo, Milner, & Gini.

Now personally, I'd go for Milner, Gini & Keita, but Klopp choosing Hendo over Milner wouldn't surprise me particularly. I just don't want to see that midfield of Millner, Hendo & Gini (although they have a good record at home in the CL).
No way Gini doesn't start.

I'm not sure which way Klopp will swing, with VvD back for the away leg I'm not sure we have to go all out for a big win, though they should also be stronger in the return leg with returning players. I'd be more than happy, and quietly confident, if we can sneak a single goal advantage.

I'm completely torn on whether Keita should start this, especially with Fabinho covering CB, but also Firmino likely to not be 100%. I reckon Klopp is likely to leave him benched, preferring Henderson and Milner to build a platform and having Wijnaldum in place to control and dictate play. It does place more onus on the attack to create as there will be nobody breaking through the midfield lines and opening up space, but we should have enough in Salah, Mane, and Firmino to cause them massive problems.

No way Gini doesn't start.

I'm not sure which way Klopp will swing, with VvD back for the away leg I'm not sure we have to go all out for a big win, though they should also be stronger in the return leg with returning players. I'd be more than happy, and quietly confident, if we can sneak a single goal advantage.

Disagree, Bayern have lost 6 times in their league, all away to better sides, which suggests that we can try to get a decent advantage tonight.

I reckon that, plus the lack of our usual CB's, will mean that we go full out attack tonight. They will too of course, as it's their strength as well. The neutrals should be happy.

*awaits a dull 0-0 now he's said that*

Just listened to a German Bayern fan who said that they're vulnerable down the wings & against fast counter attacking sides, so he's expecting 'a paddling' this evening.

Kinda settled my nerves a little bit. Our fans are often just as dismissive of our advantages & critical of our weaknesses though I suppose.

b73738dfce06f49943b334b408f36310.jpg

Yeah. Thought the Firmino not playing bit earlier was likely to be bollocks. Happy days ! That's about the best we can put out but very happy to see TAA back .. he'll be up against Coman. Likely Fabs will be at LCB to help him out too.

It's a good team, when you take into account we're missing our top three CBs, but we're missing our top three CBs...

Bayern Team to play Liverpool: Neuer, Sule, Hummels, Thiago, Martinez, Lewandowski, Rodriguez, Gnabry, Alaba, Coman, Kimmich.
Subs: Ulreich, Ribery, Rafinha, Davies, Mai, Sanches, Shabani.

Damn good team with a damn good bench too. However no Goretzka is a big plus.

If abroad and you need a stream download rte player and watch it on RTE2 (Irish natiional broadcaster)
Hmmm. Only for phones and pads right ? Downloading it onto my iPad now but it says "in app purchases" which is always suspicious !

Are you getting commission eyes Shay suspiciously

Well it's working but not sure how to find the football. Irish Revolution and Abortion Services are free. Are they trying to tell me something ?

I used to be able to get most rte programs without a problem in the uk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom