• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Burnley (a) - Sun 14:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Klopp will ever dare to leave Milner out of a matchday squad. With Fabinho, Thiago, Hendo, Elliott, Jones and Keita all fit (this only comes once in 150 years as five planets line up in the 2nd house of Scorpio), you can fit only so many midfielders on the bench and some uncomfortable decisions will have to be made... Or will he drop Tsimikas and keep Milner as an option for both RB and LB?

I wonder if Klopp will ever dare to leave Milner out of a matchday squad. With Fabinho, Thiago, Hendo, Elliott, Jones and Keita all fit (this only comes once in 150 years as five planets line up in the 2nd house of Scorpio), you can fit only so many midfielders on the bench and some uncomfortable decisions will have to be made... Or will he drop Tsimikas and keep Milner as an option for both RB and LB?
I was just reading how Klopp said the club is in discussions with Millie to add another year on his contract. Love the guy but he's just about done at our level. If he wanted to keep playing maybe Leeds would take him, though probably not now. I think this is more about his influence on the other players than about keeping him around to actually play games.

I was just reading how Klopp said the club is in discussions with Millie to add another year on his contract. Love the guy but he's just about done at our level. If he wanted to keep playing maybe Leeds would take him, though probably not now. I think this is more about his influence on the other players than about keeping him around to actually play games.

He might not be good enough to start week in and week out, but his experience and commitment to performance every day is invaluable for the squad and younger players.
I’ll gladly have him around for one more year.

Agree, and would add that if we're a goal ahead with 5 minutes to go in the Champions League Final/league decider/even FA Cup Final. one of our MFs is spent and we need someone on for the last few minutes doing whatever it takes to bring the pot home, Milner would be great for those situations even now.

You know that Milner wouldnt mind chopping someone in half and get a yellow if we’re in the lead and need to stop a counter attack etc.

That winning mentality of his is a must also next season.

Agree, and would add that if we're a goal ahead with 5 minutes to go in the Champions League Final/league decider/even FA Cup Final. one of our MFs is spent and we need someone on for the last few minutes doing whatever it takes to bring the pot home, Milner would be great for those situations even now.
I really think not. He's a total liability when it comes to tackling now. He dives in, or lacks the speed to stay with a runner, so fouls him. Though sometimes that's what is required further up the pitch! Agree with Hansern on him being valuable with younger players but wish we'd just get on with it and move him into a coaching position.

N.B. My printer said he can't make your postcards but I'll try tagging them onto a magazine run I'm producing or my book print run, with my book printer, when it starts !

Alisson, Trent Matip Van Dijk Robertson, Fabinho Henderson Keita, Salah Firmino Mane

Our match is not being televised live by any of the major channels, I"m blaiming Dyche for this. No company is willing to shell out cash to watch his boring team :redcard:

Our match is not being televised live by any of the major channels, I"m blaiming Dyche for this. No company is willing to shell out cash to watch his boring team :redcard:
Nope, will be watching some shitty stream from Peacock in the US, which I think is covering it.

I really think not. He's a total liability when it comes to tackling now. He dives in, or lacks the speed to stay with a runner, so fouls him. Though sometimes that's what is required further up the pitch! Agree with Hansern on him being valuable with younger players but wish we'd just get on with it and move him into a coaching position.

N.B. My printer said he can't make your postcards but I'll try tagging them onto a magazine run I'm producing or my book print run, with my book printer, when it starts !

First para: see where you're coming from but IMO he could still be useful if we just need to close things out and he's stationed far enough from goal. I certainly wouldn't play him at fullback again other than in dire emergency.

Second para: many thanks indeed. No worries at all if it turns out not to work.

Alisson, Trent Matip Van Dijk Robertson, Fabinho Henderson Keita, Salah Firmino Mane
I like that team.

Especially the pressure on the front 3 to perform. They have Jota and Diaz twitching to get off the bench.

Naby as well. All the options.

Don't perform and you get hooked.

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Henderson, Keita, Mane, Salah, Firmino.
Subs: Kelleher, Konate, Thiago, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jota, Tsimikas, Diaz, Elliott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom