• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll €100,000,000

Prefix for Poll Threads

The Count Poll

• Yes

Votes: 33 53.2%
  • No

Votes: 29 46.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For a GK, it is madness. Even in today's market.

We should just persist with what we have until the summer, and offer Atletico a sensible amount (£40-45m) then.

Yes

A great goalie could easily pick you up 5-10 points a season (arbitrary number)

Same with a great centre back pairing

Yes from me as well. You'd hope we dont have to pay the full amount, but that we could get him for less in the summer.
89 mill £ for a goalkeeper is madness but he is amazingly good. Top 3 keeper in the World for me.

Nah. Having a team depending on their goalie is for pussies. We will outscore them no mather what Karius is up to on his day. Spend the Money on strikers!!!

That's likely to be De Gea's selling price so it's definitely beyond market. The question though is how much do we need him and how much would he add to our team. If it was De Gea then you know exactly what you would be getting. Is this the case with Oblak though ? Is he actually proven at the highest levels with seasons of high quality keeping behind him ?

I suggest an opening bid of €50-60m and settling on €70m would be achievable since most of the top teams in Europe, capable of paying those prices for a keeper, already have high quality keepers.

I wouldn't have a year or two ago but we have the pieces in place now to really challenge other than a keeper. If he's the guy, go get him.

In my opinion, the top 5 keepers in the world are De Gea, Neuer, Oblak, Courtios, Buffon. And I'd say on last season form (only watched Oblak twice this season) Oblak is the 2nd best keeper in the world. Would I spend £88mill of the Coutinho money on the 2nd best keeper in the world, who's 25? Yep, without a doubt. Putting Oblak and VVD into our defence would make a massive difference. Juve spent £46mill on Buffon SEVENTEEN years ago, do you think they regret doing that?

In my opinion, the top 5 keepers in the world are De Gea, Neuer, Oblak, Courtios, Buffon. And I'd say on last season form (only watched Oblak twice this season) Oblak is the 2nd best keeper in the world. Would I spend £88mill of the Coutinho money on the 2nd best keeper in the world, who's 25? Yep, without a doubt. Putting Oblak and VVD into our defence would make a massive difference. Juve spent £46mill on Buffon SEVENTEEN years ago, do you think they regret doing that?

Good point about Buffon. But there is never like for like situations, and we have to balance the money we have against all the needs we have in the squad. Another CB. Changes in midfield. A New striker to back up Firmino.... A brave call if we make a new world record signing but a huge signal from the owners if it happens.

Besides Buffon stayed, and we all know that any world class players will eventually leave Liverpool.

I got heartburn from writing that sentence.

Besides Buffon stayed, and we all know that any world class players will eventually leave Liverpool.

I got heartburn from writing that sentence.

Then we get our money back at least ;)

But in all seriousness, if we manage to build a title challenging team and win some trophies, you'd think we'll stop players from leaving us.

How many points has De Gea won for a shite Utd side over the years? Loads. A dozen every year, at least. Every other week he seems to save them. He has been the single most important name on their team sheet for years. If we can buy a player who saves us in half as many tight games as him, it would be a snip, even at €100 million. If we're prepared to pay £75 million on a CB then I'd pay that in a position that is even more important.

Sorry but if we spent £75 million on the most expensive CB in the world then we definitely shouldnt be spending above that for a GK....

In relation to that I'd say highest we should go is £60 million or whatever that equates to in EURO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom