• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Man U (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No its not, they have faced the same attack at their ground for the last 3 seasons. They seem to do very well in keeping our attack in check.

yeh but was the current manager at the helm those three seasons? He doesn’t seem to be doing too well at the moment.

Hello Everyone,

There seems to be an overwhelming amount of over confidence regarding this fixture. Yes I know they are playing sh*t against every other team, but against us I expect to see a more aggressive United team, who will be compelled to play at their very best mainly because they are playing us, they lost their last game, and they will be sh*t scared of their own home crowd. Even though we stand at the top of the table, I tend to take the view of @Woland in a past post where he said we were "winging" it. The last game we had we only just won the game at the end.

This fixture on Sunday is usually on the whole a terrible fixture - and usually one of the most over-hyped yet boring games of the season. Most of the time - both teams seem to freeze up, and I cannot understand how so many can be so over-confident given what happened last season. That said, I really hope as @FoxForceFive - has pointed out that Klopp does not do the respectful thing and play it safe. If we do have title credentials then we should play our normal game against them, and go for a win - I don't think we have won at Old Toilet since that season with Brendan Rodgers.

MORON

Overwhelming overconfidence..? What thread are you reading, mate?!?

Many people are terrified, convinced they'll raise their game to levels not seen since that miserable cnut was in charge and they ruled the word.

And those of us who are confident of getting a result are not claiming it'll be easy... We're simply pointing out that this LFC team is not the same one as even last year (so far, at least) and, if we are as good as we seem to be at the minute, we'll manage a win, because we're simply a far better team than they are.

I think it may be an unspectacular but reasonably routine 2-0 or so to us. They'll be committed, but so were chelsea and arsenal and leicester, etc... We're just better and we should win.

Both things has improved though
I do a have a shite memory, so I could vr wrong, but I can't remember a single good performance after an international break (or any kind of break for that matter), despite the fact we've learned to win when not performing well.

We have one win in our last 13 visits to OT, and Klopp has never won there at all. This is never straightforward whether Ole's at the wheel or not. Any kind of win will be welcome, and I don't doubt that it will be hard earned.

yeh but was the current manager at the helm those three seasons? He doesn’t seem to be doing too well at the moment.

He was last season, and despite him making sub after sub due to injuries we still could not win against them. Also @Modo - DeGea being out may give us a chance or as we have experienced in many seasons of the past - this stand-in goal keeper may produce the best performance of his life against us.

@Whaddapie - read the earlier posts - everyone is going on about how shit they are. We should all think - if Klopp was in charge of their team - how good could they be ?

Anyway - it's Friday night, and I just hope come Sunday we fuck those cunts.

He was last season, and despite him making sub after sub due to injuries we still could not win against them. Also @Modo - DeGea being out may give us a chance or as we have experienced in many seasons of the past - this stand-in goal keeper may produce the best performance of his life against us.

@Whaddapie - read the earlier posts - everyone is going on about how shit they are. We should all think - if Klopp was in charge of their team - how good could they be ?

Well see how well he copes with corners.

I do a have a shite memory, so I could vr wrong, but I can't remember a single good performance after an international break (or any kind of break for that matter), despite the fact we've learned to win when not performing well.

We also beat Spurs 2-1 last season after one.

We should all think how good they'd be if they had our gaffer..?!?!? Why? They don't. They'd be great if they swapped squads with City too, but they can't...

They have been poor lately, and we should beat them - It's that simple. Doesn't mean that we will - City should have humped Spurs a few weeks back - but we should. That's all most of us are saying.

We also beat Spurs 2-1 last season after one.
I know we've won after breaks (hence me actually making that point, in the post) but I mean our performance, which against spurs I don't recall being that good at all, relatively speaking, it's just an example of us learning how to win when we're not playing well.

I just think bearing in mind we normally don't play like our usual selves after a break is a good thing before we play Utd & you get the usual idiotic comments slagging off half the team if we're not playing well & aren't leading for the entire match (which is entirely possible, & arguably probable).

I know we've won after breaks (hence me actually making that point, in the post) but I mean our performance, which against spurs I don't recall being that good at all, relatively speaking, it's just an example of us learning how to win when we're not playing well.

I just think bearing in mind we normally don't play like our usual selves after a break is a good thing before we play Utd & you get the usual idiotic comments slagging off half the team if we're not playing well & aren't leading for the entire match (which is entirely possible, & arguably probable).

It could be my shitty memory, but I think that we have regularly played on the early Saturday fixture or at least on the Saturday coming back after international break. Having that extra day makes me feel more confident that we'll be well prepared.

It could be my shitty memory, but I think that we have regularly played on the early Saturday fixture or at least on the Saturday coming back after international break. Having that extra day makes me feel more confident that we'll be well prepared.

The Brazilian lads, Mane and to a degree Salah should also be fresh as they’ve been back for a while now. Salah obviously the whole time.

That will help.

Oh for fucks sake, we're miles better than the worst scum team seen in years. And they're managed by Ole fucking Solskjaer.

We're looking at a complete massacre tomorrow. We'll attack them relentlessly and they'll be trying to find ways to keep the score respectable by half-time.

0-7

Oh for fucks sake, we're miles better than the worst scum team seen in years. And they're managed by Ole fucking Solskjaer.

We're looking at a complete massacre tomorrow. We'll attack them relentlessly and they'll be trying to find ways to keep the score respectable by half-time.

0-7
Sorry Buddha, this is naive jibber-jabber. The reason Utd look spectacularly shit against the likes of Palace and Newcastle is because they have most of the ball, and they're just not very good at breaking a team playing a solid low block.The one thing they will be much better at is counterattacking and with Rashford, James and Martial they have all the pace in the world to get behind our FBs. We are miles better, but they have a solid defence, and particularly with Wan Bissaka back to counter our form player, Mane, they can certainly keep this fairly tight and hope to spring our defence with that pace behind the FBs, and especially behind Trent. It only needs to work once or twice in 90 mins and we're in trouble.

Think about their game against Chelsea, when Rashford has an excellent game. Chelsea dominated possession and created more chances throughout the game, but they got spanked 4-0. United are a counterattacking team, it's all they've got, but they do have the tools to cause any team problems that comes on to them.

The only recent memory I have us beating Man U at old Trafford was when Torres and Co trashed them 4-1. I remembered it because we had man u fans coming over to my house to watch it live and also to gloat at their possible killing us off. Boy were they in despair after the game. Good memories.
No I don't think we can beat them that easily tomorrow. They will defend as if their lives depend on it.

The only recent memory I have us beating Man U at old Trafford was when Torres and Co trashed them 4-1. I remembered it because we had man u fans coming over to my house to watch it live and also to gloat at their possible killing us off. Boy were they in despair after the game. Good memories.
No I don't think we can beat them that easily tomorrow. They will defend as if their lives depend on it.

You don’t remember Gerrard missing his chance go score a hat trick of penos and Suarez scoring in a superb 3-0 in 13/14?

This game will be close and a tight affair. As Doc Mac pointed out, Utd are much more suited to a counter attacking game than against teams that sit back, which means they should look a bit better against us.

I'm worried about their pace in attack. The likes of Rashford and Martial seem to turn up against us. Hopefully that cunt De Gea actually is out, because despite his fall from grace, he still manages to turn into a fucking superhero against us regardless.

1-1, 1-2. Something like that.

0-7

I think it is actually Ole Gunnar Solskjær

This game will be close and a tight affair. As Doc Mac pointed out, Utd are much more suited to a counter attacking game than against teams that sit back, which means they should look a bit better against us.

I'm worried about their pace in attack. The likes of Rashford and Martial seem to turn up against us. Hopefully that cunt De Gea actually is out, because despite his fall from grace, he still manages to turn into a fucking superhero against us regardless.

1-1, 1-2. Something like that.
Bookies are generally conservative people however, although there is always a chance of an upset, the odds usually represent the true difference between the teams and many people are making light of it here simply because ( I assume) they don't want to jinx us.

United are 19/5 to win tomorrow for a reason, they are on a crap run, they have a ton of injuries and a totally disjointed team and they are up against a Liverpool team that have beaten far better teams to go 8/8 and can find a way to win even when not playing to their best ... and they haven't even hit top form yet (maybe tomorrow). to say nothing of the fact that not one United player starting tomorrow (and maybe even from their whole squad) would make a combined XI.

Now people can play all that down as much as they like but it is indeed the reality and it would be a mighty shock if we don't win tomorrow.

Last edited:
So is United fan Martin Tyler going to commentate on this game? I hope so, can't wait to hear his stifled groan and reduced enthusiastic yelp every time we score.

As said by many, this is not gonna be easy. And I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we lost. BUT, if we do beat them, they will be 1 point above the relegation zone.

So is United fan Martin Tyler going to commentate on this game? I hope so, can't wait to hear his stifled groan and reduced enthusiastic yelp every time we score.

It’s funny how all fans think he’s biased against their team.

He definitely hates Liverpool. Listen to him after Chelsea had a goal disallowed or how crazy he went that time Martial scored against us.

Yeah, it's undeniable. He fucking hates us. He more often than not sounds gutted when we score too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom