• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Leicester (h) - Thurs 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
Good second half yesterday, and a nice way to get some of the rustiness out of our system. Big squad to pick from although not really a good mix of forwards yet as I can't see Sadio or Mo starting, but maybe one will be on the bench in case of emergency.

We really ought to have smashed this lot in December so I hope we make amends here.

Alisson

Trent
Matip
Virgil
Robbo

Fabinho
Thiago/Naby
Hendo (i'd start Elliot but baby steps here I think!)

Jota
Bobby
Ox (if fit again)

This is unacceptable - where is the Fuck you Count ! Are you trying to lose us the match?!

I'd love to include Mo in this. He'll be ready to smash something, 3-4 days rest and one of the fittest players around. He owes Leicester a whooping.
He'll at least be on the bench.

Sadio wont be in the squad I reckon. Celebrations and parade in Senegal.

Good second half yesterday, and a nice way to get some of the rustiness out of our system. Big squad to pick from although not really a good mix of forwards yet as I can't see Sadio or Mo starting, but maybe one will be on the bench in case of emergency.

We really ought to have smashed this lot in December so I hope we make amends here.

Alisson

Trent
Matip
Virgil
Robbo

Fabinho
Thiago/Naby
Hendo (i'd start Elliot but baby steps here I think!)

Jota
Bobby
Ox (if fit again)
I literally can't see any other starting team than that (Thiago over Naby if deemed fit enough, swap on 60-70 mins).

EDIT
Whoops ! I totally forgot Diaz. Klopp has surprisingly thrown him straight in. He must be happy with his fitness. I wouldn't be surprised to see him start for Ox. (though more likely he'll come on for 30 mins).

Diaz ... Bobby ... Jota

Ox., Elliott and Keita coming on between 60 & 70 mins.

Normal back 5.
Hendo, Fabinho and hopefully Thiago in the middle but I'm not sure where he is fitness-wise he only got like 10 mins against Cardiff.
Klopp might start Minamino in midfield.
Diaz on the left, Firmino on the right and Jota in the middle?

I'd love to include Mo in this. He'll be ready to smash something, 3-4 days rest and one of the fittest players around. He owes Leicester a whooping.
He'll at least be on the bench.

Sadio wont be in the squad I reckon. Celebrations and parade in Senegal.

He has just played three extra times in a row - i'm sure he's desparate to start but it might be too soon.

Yeah I think both will be back for the Burnley game. Normally they'd need about two weeks off, especially since they both had a grueling tournament with games going to extra time.

None of the available forwards (assuming Salah isn't fit to start) are very comfortable on the RW, so perhaps Elliott can play there rather than in the middle 3.

-----------------Alisson----------------
---------Matip----------Van Dijk-----
Trent---------Fabinho-------Robbo
--------Hendo-------Thiago---------
---Elliott------Jota-----------Diaz---

Salah has apparently already landed at Manchester along with Trezeguet, so he's back home at least.

I take Sadio and Mo are both devout Muslims so celebrations of any kind would be different than if it was one of us who won a major sporting trophy. :hungover:

Would be lovely if Mo takes his frustrations of AFCON out on Rogers' Leicester. Given he's already back I actually wouldn't be surprised to see him start but be hooked mid second half.

Updating team prediction to

Ali

Trent
Matip
Virg
Robbo

Fabs
Keita
Hendo

Salah
Bobby
Jota

Taking off Salah after 60 mins and giving the rest of the game to Diaz sounds like a win - win.

He's all those things and more, but not like Ronaldo. Never compare him to Ronaldo. I hate Ronaldo. The plastic looking selfish siuuu cunt.

He's all those things and more, but not like Ronaldo. Never compare him to Ronaldo. I hate Ronaldo. The plastic looking selfish siuuu cunt.

Should probably be @Farkmaster 's new avatar ...

638939abda79416afa1c4d3188550390--cr-ronaldo-cristiano-ronaldo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom