• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool vs Arsenal (Anfield : Sunday 16.00)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogfish

Gone to Redcafe
Starting this early just so I can post their injury list below .. and because tonight's match is inextricably linked to this match (players used, formation, tiredness from 3 matches in a week and injuries).

Sorry Sean - I know you don't like Arsenal threads so this next week is going to kill ya !

Liverpool
M Balotelli Groin/Pelvis Injury no return date only a slight doubt for Sunday
G Johnson Groin Strain no return date (min. 3 weeks)
D Sturridge Hip/Thigh Injury 1st Jan 15
Suso Groin/Pelvis Injury 26th Dec 14
J Flanagan Knee Injury no return date (est. Jan 2015)

Arsenal
A Oxlade-Chamberlain Groin/Pelvis Injury 21st Dec 14 only a slight doubt for Sunday
A Ramsey Hamstring Injury 28th Dec 14
L Koscielny Calf Muscle Strain 28th Dec 14
N Monreal Ankle/Foot Injury 21st Dec 14
T Rosicky Hip/Thigh Injury 21st Dec 14
M Arteta Calf Muscle Strain 26th Dec 14
J Wilshere Ankle/Foot Injury Feb 15
T Walcott Groin/Pelvis Injury 26th Dec 14 only a slight doubt for Sunday
M Ozil LCL Knee Ligament Injury 1st Jan 15

Regarding Sanchez - Still baffles me how you sell your best player to a team that has your top transfer target and you don't work something into the deal to make sure you get your man.

Ah, gooners, what adorable people they are. What a horrible club they 'support'.

I always seem to get shit on here for my utter contempt for everything to do with this pathetic farce of a club. They are the fart that doesn't smell and I despise everything about them. Thank you for posting this. Let the Arsehole FC love-in continue.

Yes, because that's always the case in these situations. Point still stands. It's called good negotiating. You want Suarez, make Sanchez part of the deal
Could've also offered more money than Arsenal.

It's not as if Barca would turn down an extra 5M or so because of a player's wishes either. Look at how much anger was directed towards Borini for not going, it would be tenfold in Barcelona.

Yes, some players just don't want to come. Look at Man City and Neymar:

City bosses were left stunned when Neymar told them that he would not be able to play in the British weather wearing traditional footwear.

His representatives said that he would have needed a new kind of boot that would help him stay on his feet, while meandering on his famed mazing runs through opposition defences.

I don't know of the reliability of Diario Sport, but I reckon we could've topped them by much more than 3M very easily.

It hurts us doubly by missing out on him as while we don't have him, a direct rival does.
What would be the point of offering more? They already accepted Arsenal's offer and the player did not want to come.

What would be the point of offering more? They already accepted Arsenal's offer and the player did not want to come.

Money changes peoples minds quite enough.

Maybe we did offer more, and maybe more wasn't enough, but more money works quite a lot.

Yes, some players just don't want to come. Look at Man City and Neymar:
City bosses were left stunned when Neymar told them that he would not be able to play in the British weather wearing traditional footwear.

His representatives said that he would have needed a new kind of boot that would help him stay on his feet, while meandering on his famed mazing runs through opposition defences.

What a pretentious arse.

I don't think Barca would be okay to lose 5-8M honoring a player's wishes. And this summer we definitely had the cash to burn to get it right.

Do they have any fit midfielders at all?

Cazorla, who has been in decent form recently. And well, Flamini. Hopefully Chamberlain doesn't make it as that would probably mean they'd have to play one of the kids.

so i seems like we are going to play the same formation as the last game and may be replace Lucas with Allen. If Markovic starts as LWB, they are going to rip us apart from that side, just imagine Sanchez playing on that side and he has to face Markovic, I ope BR chooses the right players for this game!!!

no not really, what we need is energy in the midfield. Rodgers is trying for a similar formation to what Pep is playing at Bayern now. I have never seen people running so easily behind their wingbacks. So I would really start Can and Gerrard together, considering BR wont move Hendo in any other position with this formation. So we need constant pressing and closing the gaps in the midfield so that their midfielders cant pick out passes for their fullbacks when they make a run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom