• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Derby (H), Wed 9.11 Cowabunga cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.png
Done this al east three times with only the linesman having a word with him... Should not all those penalise be re-taken?

There was a rule change before the 19/20 season though;

New: LAW CHANGES 2019/20 Goalkeeper must have at least part of one foot on, or in line with, the goal line when a penalty kick is taken; cannot stand behind the line.

The rule was clarified, but it was basically the same before, it said that you had to be on your line between the goalposts before the ball was kicked. What Dudek was doing was wrong too. What Dida did in the same game was wrong.

What every keeper has done throughout all time when there isn't VAR to check, is also wrong. And, if you've been playing in those conditions normally, you'd do what the Derby keeper did, by habit.

Rules change ole chap ...

But this rule didn't change, they just got more involved in enforcing it and got a new tool to do so.

You couldn't come off your line before the ball was struck before, people just did, to the extent that you and several others in this thread think that it was ok to do so, which only proves the point.

That's the exact environment that the Derby keeper exists in.

But this rule didn't change, they just got more involved in enforcing it and got a new tool to do so.

You couldn't come off your line before the ball was struck before, people just did, to the extent that you and several others in this thread think that it was ok to do so, which only proves the point.

That's the exact environment that the Derby keeper exists in.

The defending goalkeeper must remain on the goal line, facing the kicker, between the goalposts, without touching the goalposts, crossbar or goal net, until the ball has been kicked. The players other than the kicker and goalkeeper must be: at least 9.15 m (10 yds) from the penalty mark.

https://www.thefa.com/football-rule...laws/football-11-11/law-14---the-penalty-kick

Am I the only one who thinks it unrealistic to expect a keeper not to come off before the ball is struck?

Especially when players do that run up and pause before kicking thing.

The defending goalkeeper must remain on the goal line, facing the kicker, between the goalposts, without touching the goalposts, crossbar or goal net, until the ball has been kicked. The players other than the kicker and goalkeeper must be: at least 9.15 m (10 yds) from the penalty mark.

https://www.thefa.com/football-rule...laws/football-11-11/law-14---the-penalty-kick

Ok? I'm happy to be wrong here, but while they changed the language to be more explicit, you weren't allowed to move forward before, either. People just got used to doing it and they didn't enforce it.

Reactions: HC
Ok? I'm happy to be wrong here, but while they changed the language to be more explicit, you weren't allowed to move forward before, either. People just got used to doing it and they didn't enforce it.

I'm not sure it was made such a big deal of.
You mentioned Istanbul - I think (if memory serves me well) that Dida never moved off the line, and though I was ecstatic, Dudek's save on Pirlo was so blatant it felt 'wrong'. There wasn't a mention of it though in commentary (imo) and I also don't remember linesman watching the line (which is why the Derby keeper got a telling off).
What I find interesting is Allison defo hits the bar before penos - and that's also not allowed.
I just thought yesterday the goalie exaggerated - but if there was no VAR, it was up to the lino and he wasn't interested besides a telling off.

This was the rule in 2005:

The defending goalkeeper: remains on his goal line, facing the kicker, between the goalposts until the ball has been kicked

I'm not sure it was made such a big deal of.
You mentioned Istanbul - I think (if memory serves me well) that Dida never moved off the line, and though I was ecstatic, Dudek's save on Pirlo was so blatant it felt 'wrong'. There wasn't a mention of it though in commentary (imo) and I also don't remember linesman watching the line (which is why the Derby keeper got a telling off).
What I find interesting is Allison defo hits the bar before penos - and that's also not allowed.
I just thought yesterday the goalie exaggerated - but if there was no VAR, it was up to the lino and he wasn't interested besides a telling off.

Dida did move off his line, though not as egregiously as Dudek, thank fuck.

If this is what you're arguing about now, I can't wait until there's no proper football with the world cup group stages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom