• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Derby (H), Wed 9.11 Cowabunga cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't get why the 3 penalties that we missed weren't re-taken?
at least 2 ...?
their goalie was SO clearly off the line -

There was talk of selling Kelleher. If we ever do then it has to be for £90m+ surely we must keep him

If anything this game showed how far ahead Elliott is compared to other u-21 players at the club

Kelleher has got half the battle won with making it, he's got nerves of steel and great composure, as well as being a very good keeper.
I hope we can keep him happy enough and winning enough medals, that he stays long enough to replace Ali when he's done. Kelleher is a top class keeper. Which is why he'll sadly likely leave.

Kelleher MOTM

Impressed with Doak impact.

Ramsay looked solid enough to be tried in the PL.

Elliott came on and was a level ahead of anyone on the pitch.

Everyone else a bit meh.

This round of the cup hasn't been kind to London. Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, West Ham, Palace and Brentford all out
So what you're saying is that it's been a very rewarding day for us all in the end?

And especially me as it's 06.20 and I've been up all bloody night !

Reactions: jan
«The Viking balls are a jangeling! The lovely Viking balls are a jiggeling!»

Great to see so many youngsters get valuble game time and experience.
Kelleher is a don at saving pens.
Ramsay is gonna be a top player. You can just see it already.
Doak.16 years old. Christ on a bike what a talent.

The Derby keeper was a cunt all game, off his line early for all the pens ans still ended up losing. Lovely.

On to the 4th round. More Doak game time please.

I hope we can keep him happy enough and winning enough medals, that he stays long enough to replace Ali when he's done. Kelleher is a top class keeper. Which is why he'll sadly likely leave.

Yeah its a bit of a double edged sword, he's good enough to be no1 elsewhere but obviously that's exactly why we don't want to let him go. Unfortunately I think his ambition will probably force him to make a move elsewhere because Ali has plenty of time left in him.

Keheller, Gomez, Ramsey, Kostas, Ox, Elliott, Carvalho, Nunez, Bobby? That's 9 players in and around the first team.

Elliott (19), Nunez and Firmino are obv. in the main squad but none are guaranteed starters - they were all subs

second string:
Kelleher, Gomez, Kostas and Carvalho (20) are definitely main squad but not guaranteed starters - I'd accept 2nd string for these (4)
Oxlade-Chamberlin - not sure where you'd put him but I'd accept a second sting too

Players that occasionally make the match day squad but don't play - third string?:
Ramsey (19) - he's made 1 sub appearance?
Bajectic (18) - a couple of sub appearances

U23's that wouldn't get a sniff (yet) if not for the Cowabunga:
Frauendorf (18) - no appearances (outside of the league cup) to my knowledge
Clark (17) - no appearances (outside of the league cup) to my knowledge
Stewart (20?) - no appearances (outside of the league cup) to my knowledge

Ameobas:)
Doak (sub) - very exciting

If this were truly our 2nd string we'd be totally and utterly fucked :)

Just watched extended highlights of the game. Very impressed by the two Scottish lads.

Not surprised at all by Kelleher, though.
What a boss. Hope he sticks around and takes over the Goalkeeping duties from Alisson.

Just got back from the game (I told you I like the league cup!). I didn't think it was a bad game, all in all.

Derby were obviously looking for a penalty shoot out and so were very defensive. Their keeper was a twat throughout. Time-wasting from word go.

Kelleher was great. Didn't have a lot of saves to make because of the above but looked really confident and composed, and his performance in the shoot out speaks for itself. I can't remember when we have had a second choice keeper as good as him.

Ramsey looked very good.

Ox actually played pretty well.

I was actually expecting a little more from Bajcetic, but perhaps unfairly.

Stewart, Clark and Frauendorf probably aren't quite ready for the top level yet but no reason to think they won't be in time.

Carvalho probably didn't have his best game to be honest.

Of the subs, Elliott was extremely lively when he came on. Definitely growing in maturity.

Doak was like a breath of fresh air. I just hope that his quick, direct attacking play isn't coached out of him.

Does anyone see us taking this competition a bit more seriously now that so many of the bigger clubs are out? Plus 1 more to come tomorrow between Utd or Villa.

Maybe an added incentive that we are the cup holders.

Does anyone see us taking this competition a bit more seriously now that so many of the bigger clubs are out? Plus 1 more to come tomorrow between Utd or Villa.

Maybe an added incentive that we are the cup holders.

I hope not, unless we are in much, much better shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom