• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Palace (a) - Sun 14:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
Same XI for me (with a GK switch), the shape with Gordon on the wing was great.

Ali

Trent
Matip
Virgil
Robbo

Fabs
Jones
Hendo

Gordon
Bobby
Jota

It's not like we have a huge amount of options at the moment. Did Matip come off as a precaution, I don't think he will be risked if he's not 100% so potentially Konate starts

-------------------Ali---------------
Trent---Konate--Virgil---Robbo
------Hendo--Fabs---Jones-----
----Minamino--Bobby---Jota----

Fluid front three for me.

I think Ally O-C may be back for this one, in which case have him with Jota & Frim

Gordon suits the RW better than Minamino, it's worth playing him for the shape it brings. Ox also works

Konate for me as opposed to Matip, matips been great but he seemed bothered by something in that game to me.
The more games konate gets I reckon he’s gonna be boss..
he’s a man mountain …I love how he swings opposition players around ..

Klopp said Matip substitution wasn’t tactical, they could see something wasn’t quite right, but seems like nothing serious. Ox is day-to-day.

Doubt Matip starts. He's not a player you tell to play through any issues. Konate is fine for this and his pace and physicality will be handy against Zaha and Benteke.

Gallagher is their main danger man from what I've seen this year. He's been terrific and Fabinho will need to stick to him tightly.

Doubt Matip starts. He's not a player you tell to play through any issues. Konate is fine for this and his pace and physicality will be handy against Zaha and Benteke.

Gallagher is their main danger man from what I've seen this year. He's been terrific and Fabinho will need to stick to him tightly.

Zaha is playing for Ivory Coast, most likely Edouard up front with Eze taking Zahas wide left spot

Yeah I've had a look and earlier on he was a bit more reliable, but it's only January, and if he plays one more game he'll have equalled the total of the previous two seasons.

Isn’t Matip’s issue the frequency of his injuries? He’d be available for 5 then moss 2 or 3?

This season he’s been sound.

Will be a tough game this. Playing Thursday, away at Palace and without Salah/Mane.
Not looking forward to it. At least its not Owlface in the dugout.

Zaha is playing for Ivory Coast, most likely Edouard up front with Eze taking Zahas wide left spot
I always thought Zaha was alright but nowhere near as good as the media hyped him up to be (probably the reason he's still at Palace, his quoted price was usually something only Everton would pay).

Feels weird saying that but I rate most of Palace's current attacking players - Gallagher has been great obviously, while Edouard, Eze and Olise all decent young options to go with Zaha. Benteke and Ayew are still fucking shit tho so watch them both score tomorrow

It’d be nice to see Konate get a run of games so we can really build up a picture what he’s all about.

Does help Zaha won't be available.

Anything other than a win would be unacceptable.

Alisson Trent Konate Virgil Robbo Fab Hendo Jones Minamino Firmino Jota

Assuming Ox and Origi both still out.

They’ll play Eze & Olise and target the gaps behind our full backs i expect. They played well at Anfield but we had Milner & Kostas at full back so expect us to put a lot more pressure on them this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom